Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Behold the power of coyote

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 bowmike

bowmike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 05:09 PM

Had a great few hours on Sunday. Caught some beautiful browns on some of my coyote nymph patterns. I caught a small stocked brookie, and stocked rainbow as well. Also tied up some trout sized game changer patterns. My streamer game is weak, and get tired of throwing them so I put on nymphs. LOL

Attached Files

A fish caught once and kept is a waste of a valuable resource....

#2 Camp'n'fish

Camp'n'fish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 11:03 PM

Good flies (and fish). I wish I had trout close by.

#3 bowmike

bowmike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:38 AM

LOL I am lucky as these were less than a mile from my house.

#4 Powershooter

Powershooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:52 AM

Well done , beautiful fish .
Bo Hamby

#5 Bruce Derington

Bruce Derington

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:36 PM

Thats what Im talkin about!

#6 zip

zip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:04 PM

Absolutely gorgeous fish!Flies look killer,too!
"They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore."
John Gierach
----------
Sgt.Steve Bell USMC/Ret
Once a Marine,Always a Marine-Semper Fidelis

#7 denduke

denduke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:57 PM

This is way different from your post when you caught the native Brookies. Are you in NC/Tenn? My daughter is wanting a Xmas trip in Pigeon Ford area next year and I was wondering if the brownie water was public/tailwater. no specifics just general info. Thanks

We got lotta yotes down here in M'sipi. The hair works on lotta flies. Enjoyed your articulated flies. Are you connecting with braided line?
IMG_2169.jpg

IMG_2646.png
If you wanta sing the blues, you gotta pay your dues, and you know it don't come easy...RS
Due to severe budget cuts and economic down turn the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off...

#8 bowmike

bowmike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:54 AM

LOL no I am from SWPA. LOL yeah I am a brookie guy at heart but every once in a while its nice to go out and catch some big boys LOL

#9 Lesg

Lesg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:25 PM

Bowmike,

Looks like a good hellgramite pattern. Material list? SBS maybe? Nice fish as well!!

Les

#10 pgdean

pgdean

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:55 PM

Used coyote for the wings of some Christmas Island Specials and Chili Peppers.  Looks fantastic and will try them out in a couple of weeks on CXI.