Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Jig Swap

Hope Im Not Banned For This!

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#121 breambuster

breambuster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 11:22 PM

I wanted to thank everyone who participated in the Jig Swap. It resulted in a nice assortment of jigs. I would like to ask those who used chenille for the body to reply and tell me what kind of chenille you used.

Thanks

BB
Remember the 3 "R"s. Respect for self, Respect for others, and Responsibility for all your actions.

#122 BassBugn

BassBugn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 08:01 AM

Great looking set of jigs....looking forward to spring. Thanks for hosting BB.

Chenille was just the regular stuff.

Steve

#123 stabgnid

stabgnid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 10:52 AM

This is where I get mine from

Grandpa Bobs

http://www.grandpabo...ndex.php?p=home

Steve-stabgnid

"I don't fly fish I just love to tie flies"

Steve-stabgnid

#124 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,205 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 12:02 PM

micro strands of blue silk masterfully twisted onto 2 long yak hairs that can only be found on the highest slopes of a certain tibetan mountain of whose name shall never be told on a fly tying forum

its nearly a year long journey to achieve this mystical material

Fly tying - The art of attaching feathers, fur, wool, and silk to a tiny hook to create artificial lures that imitate insects, a skill easily mastered by anyone who can peel a grape blindfolded with a pair of tweezers and a butter knife while wearing oven mitts.

#125 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 04:47 PM

Got mine today thanks everyone, BB I couldn't tell you what chenille I used if I had to my best guess is the green one and a sparkly one.

#126 cphubert

cphubert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 08:53 PM

White two strand bulk chenille dyed with jacquard florescent textile acid dye when I was playing with dyeing hair and a few other materials. I no longer play with dyes, not worth my effort to get repeatable results for the amount of material I am currently using.(but mostly due the effort to get results, or lack of, I wanted)

#127 breambuster

breambuster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 09:35 PM

Stabgnid's, it's good to know that you received an order from Grandpa Bob. It gives me hope that I might receive mine yet. The order was first originated on 2/2/18 and the money left my account immediately but checking my order indicates that my order still hasn't been prepared for shipment. The order was marked as "Process" as soon as it was received and it still says "Process." How long did it take to get yours?

BB
Remember the 3 "R"s. Respect for self, Respect for others, and Responsibility for all your actions.

#128 stabgnid

stabgnid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 08:52 AM

I never had a problem with him made several orders  I do have guy that sells great stuff but a little more money his name is skip on http://www.crappie.c...pie/content.php he has awesome stuff 

Steve-stabgnid

"I don't fly fish I just love to tie flies"

Steve-stabgnid

#129 Hazathor

Hazathor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:25 AM

Got back in town over the weekend and came home to great selection of jigs. Good swap everyone!

-Nick H.

#130 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 10:59 PM

Now you people are aware that several, if not all, of those jigs would be a good choice to throw in a trout stream or pond also. A Wooly Bugger will continue to catch fish long after the hackle has fallen off the chenille and these range from fly rod sized heads to UL spin heads.

#131 netabrookie

netabrookie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 09:18 AM

Breambuster and the other members, I would like to thank you for the box of awesome jigs that showed up in my mailbox a while back. Sorry I didn't reply sooner but I have been busy trying to move on with life. I see swaps in my future so maybe I will be back tying about time BB starts back hosting.
Thanks again,
Tony

.....You can never have too many olive woolly buggers.........

.... IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED..........RELOAD......

#132 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:40 AM

And many of us hope those two things will come about soon.