Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Time for Secret Santa Christmas Swap Planning

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#31 Camo Clad Warrior

Camo Clad Warrior

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 04:44 PM

November 17th to have the flies arrive no later than Nov. 24th.

Yeah I caught that part...so no cut off entry date then?
I’m just watching the entries and is going to be 10 or 30?
So someone could jump in on Nov 16 and overnight them to and be in?

Cut off for entry is the 17th so the flies can arrive to Vic by the 24th.

"No one who does not know how to catch a fish should be able to disgrace it by catching it."

"Tight Lines and Screaming reels"

#32 Mainard

Mainard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 05:37 PM

If there's still room and looks there is I'm in . I'll do fresh water flies .Thanks for hosting again .

#33 Joshpilon08

Joshpilon08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 06:35 PM

Vic,

Boxes are done. Hitting the mail tomorrow hopefully. No later than friday. I'll pm you with the tracking number as soon as their sent.

Joshpilon08

#34 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 08:26 PM

I'm in Nick, I have a question though, I would like to submit a bird and trout knife with a sheath instead of a set of flys if that would be ok?

#35 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 09:04 PM

That's something that would be up to you vicente. I would take the time to put that on a separate draw for those who would like in the draw. I'd have my own name in there except it would seem like cheating. Maybe have someone not interested in the knife do the "spin the wheel". I'm sure almost anyone would be happy to get that.

#36 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 09:08 PM

Mike West, the last couple of years we have been up to around 30 entries. There is no cut-off for sign up. This year entries are going a little slower than last few years but hopefully more will join in soon. Would love to see us hit the 30 mark again. More the merrier. I'll send you a note soon on your package.

Nick

#37 RickZieger

RickZieger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 03:51 PM

Went in the mail today.  PO says you should see Monday.

Rick

#38 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 11:12 PM

some reason my name is not on the list?  posted on page 2 and sent PM

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

The Royal Wulff Murders, by Keith McCafferty

Fishing Bob

#39 r2732

r2732

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 10:26 AM

I wasa at a fly tying class in Concord yesterday led by Tim Flagler and hosted by Angus Bozeman I will include some of Tim's patterns in my Christmas box.  I will have it in the mail this week.

Walt Ryan

#40 r2732

r2732

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 12:56 PM

Flies are in the mail.  Trout patterns size 10 to 18 in a shirt pocket size box.  Tracking number:

9500 1155 9402 8295 1255 45.

Nick, I will put postage money in your Paypal account.

Walt Ryan

#41 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 04:22 PM

First boxes came in today and as usual the generosity of the secret swappers is huge. FishingBob, don't know how I missed it. Hate to add you last because you're always one of the first up. Would still like to see a few more get in this. Josh, your gifts are fantastic and thank you but I'm asking people do not send return envelopes but just add a few bucks for postage. I've got the Santa Special envelopes for mailing already. 

#42 SmokinGuns

SmokinGuns

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 11:56 PM

Hi All,
I'm Camo Clad's wife and I'm in.
I'll tie a dozen freshwater bugs,
And would like freshwater flies as my gift.
I will also add some goodies to be passed around.

#43 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 01:21 AM

Great deal Smokin' Guns. I look at the handles you guys go by and there's no doubt outdoors is a big part of your lives. Venison froze for a week now and time to start making use of it. Welcome to the site and will appreciate your gift and any extras you might part with. They all get distributed to other tying tables around the country.

Another arrival today from r2732 and there is no trout fisherman who wouldn't be happy with this contribution. Unusual and great box filled with quality flies from top down.

#44 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 12:43 AM

Had a new member Bates423 join our swap. We are still about  10 short of last couple of years. Hope to see some more jump in this weekend. Early arrivals in mail look fantastic.

#45 Joshpilon08

Joshpilon08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 12:06 AM

Sorry to send the envelope. Must have missed that in the description. I hope whoever gets them likes them.and put them to good use. Enjoy.