Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

New Moderator - Steeldrifter

I would just like everyone here to know that Steeldrifter is our new moderator for "the lodge" forum. We choose Steeldrifter for this position because of his great ability to bring up interesting topics and to always have something to say to keep the coversation going.

We feel that "moderators" on this forum are somewhat different than moderators found on other boards. On other forums that I have seen and participated in have such rules and restrictions on what is discussed the moderators job it to basically enforce the law, but here we are very relaxed and allow members to speak their mind freely and not once have we had to lay the smack down on a member for a topic. So the moderators here instead of being "cops" are given the responsibility of making sure and doing everything in their power to keep the forum alive and interesting. We would love to see everyone's questions or comments get answered and if no one knows what to say then a moderator of that forum would do their best to research the topic and at least point that person in the right direction.

Steeldrifter becoming a moderator is the first step in slowly moving away for the "moderator" status. This board is growing bigger and faster than what we had imagined and currently on any given day we average over 70 posts and some days we reach the 100 post mark. I would have to believe that soon we could see these figures double, and I have found that I have reached my max as far as what all I can keep up with. This forum is in no way "stressful" and I fully plan on being on the forum as much as I am now, but all this time I have been jumping around on the forum trying to keep the conversations and doing my best to recruit new members and also find free time to do some of the programming stuff like the gallery, pattern database, and the game. Plus throw in trying to come up with ideas for new forums and other things that will help the forum continue to grow it has been getting to be more time than what I have. Now I feel that we have gotten to the point that some of the members who are interested can somewhat takeover so that I can concentrate on the "admin" side of the forum and to spend a little more time writing code for new and exciting features. Plus it would be better for the forum to have several doing the same jobs that we have two people doing now because each person can focus on a small piece instead of of us two trying to focus on everything.

So in the days and weeks to come there will be more changes but I can assure you I will still be here and participating just on a different level.

Take It Easy

-Will

Congrats, SD

I always look forward to your posts. Will hit the nail right on the head.

In all, this place is pretty cool. I really enjoy the "freedom of expression". bugeyes.gif

Also BDH's PMs seem to come at the right time. Pick on "Shoe" day...lol

Thanks guys! ....Yeah i guess these ohio boys need the reasonable mind of a michiganian rolleyes.gif Big daddy called me cryin,i could just tell that the tears were makin his mascarea run down his face like tammy faye baker so i kinda felt sorry for him wink.gif LOL....

Naw in all seriousness guys i am very honred that they want me to help with this site by keeping things rollin along. I feel this site will grow to a size that will and BDH never even dreamed of in just a very short time,so i am glad to give somthing back to the site after all the good information that i have taken from it in the past couple of months. I look forward to helping and if anyone needs anything feel free to get ahold of me at any time and i will reply ASAP!

Ever heard the sayin....the inmates are runnin the asylum? wink.gif

Steve(steeldrifter)

email:[email protected]

ah, you seem to have me confused with someone else....i am certainly not an "Ohio" boy and never plan to be. I 'm a born and bred mountain man from the wilds of Eastern Ky and take great personal offense to that statement....may just have to rethink my decision here, Steve.... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif ...Granny sobered up yet?

I've been browsing more than posting lately but needed to say what a great choice. Congrats.....I look forward to many chats over the winter tying season.