Fly Tying
Mike West

Nice knowing you guys...I’m a dead man!!!

I just spilled a quarter bottle of crazy glue on a $4000 leather couch and onto to a bamboo hardwood floor.

This was an hour after the boss left and told me dont be trying in here because you make messes. My reply was OK Honey

I got the floor cleaned up but the couch is a different story.

I have 6-8 hours to fix this problem or Im dead.

Any ideas?

Make sure "the boss" has been removed from the will.

That way, she won't be able to replace the couch with the insurance money, so keeping you alive will be considered a better punishment.

No dog, cat, or small kid to stick to the couch and blame?

Is it cold at night un your garage?

Rocco

I need more humor than this but so far so good.

You guys should have a field day with this post.

I immediately threw water on it.(within seconds).Water is the enemy of CA glue. Ive used alcohol; acetone; paint thinner & toluene to get it off the couch and Ive scraped it with razor blades and sandpaper. I have it to a point where Im gonna try to hide it with magic markers and alcohol

Years ago when tying with Zap A Gap accidently got some between the fingers & temporarily zapped together along with small amount on the tying chair. After losing some skin found out there's a debonder for just this. Z-7 Debonder Debonding Agent for super glues / improved formula that removes cured cyanoacrylates from skin, work surfaces, etc. Pacer Technology Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730

Well... good going... now even if you get it off or hide it, there's a permanent record that you did it! Don't you know better than to put things like this on the internet! XD

R.I.P. brother.

Glad I don't have expensive furniture etc. or I probably would have been dead a loooong time a go.