Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Poopdeck

Punxsutawney Phil right again

Well my mind was in spring shad and striper fishing mode. I picked up a new reel, some bombers and cotton Cordell's, been tying up plenty of bucktails and organizing my tackle only to get 16" of snow, more coming and more power outages.

That dang groundhog was right again with his prediction of 6 more weeks of winter. Oh well, time to get back into the winter mindset.

I hear ya bud. About 2 weeks ago we got up to 62f and all the snow was gone here in Mi. I was really getting into a fishy frame of mind. Now the past week it's been back to the 20's and snowing again. I am so done with winter!

Same here. I was wearing shorts two weeks ago. Ah well it won't be much longer. I think I have a good 3 or 4 weeks before the shad show up in numbers. The magic number is 50 degree water temp.

Richmc and I are going to hit some private ponds tomorrow. Should be fun, even if it will be quite chilly by my standards. (Low 40s)

You guys will be complaining about the heat before you know it. Chin up, lads and lassies.