Fly Tying

Okay, some of my pics will post thru direct link to computer, some I need to do through photobucket. Don't get it yet. Maybe they are over 2 kb or whatever but don't know how to check that.

492d50d1e22c5405131ca080ea89c9cc_zpse8dcbigthumbsup_zpsc21a5ade.jpg

492d50d1e22c5405131ca080ea89c9cc_zpse8dc

253067_4034336388238_585581163_n.jpg

253067_4034336388238_585581163_n.jpg

If you're using Windows, you should have "MSPaint" on there. Here's how to crop and resize a picture using Paint.

Original picture is 2000+ by 1500+ pixels.

Right click on the picture(1), mouse over "open with"(2) and click on "Paint"(3)

Click on the drop down "Select" and click the "select all" icon. This will allow you to move the picture around (moving up and left cuts off that part of the picture) and crop the right and bottom sides (by moving in those borders.

Once you have the picture cropped the way you want it, click on the "resize" button, and select the "pixels" circle. Be sure the "maintain aspect ratio" is selected. (default mode) Type in 600 to 800 in the "Horizontal" box ... this will be accepted by most sites.

Once the picture's been resized, click on "file"(1), "save as"(2) and click "jpeg" to save as a ... jpeg!

You can then see the final picture is much smaller than the original and can now be attached to most site's posts.

Like this.

Any questions, feel free to post or PM me.

If you have MS Office, the picture viewer is easy to use, to edit pictures, and to resize or reduce their file size. There are several Windows programs that appear on most computers, and that can be used to edit. To see what you have and whether it can do what you want, put the cursor on the pic file in Explorer, right click, and select Open With. You will get a box with all the possible features to select from.

You should be getting a visit from ATF any minute. Perhaps they can help you after the tear gas wears off.

you post photos on another forum site and seem to have no problems when you do. do you use photobucket?

so then why cant you post photos here like you do on other forums? apply the same techniques here

photobucket provides extensive photo editing tools to fix your photos. more than resizing and rotating

edit_zpsvel7o1q6.jpg

i dont like posting postage stamp thumbnails unless i'm in a hurry. i'd rather take time editing my photos in a free photo editing software program where i can control the brightness, contrast, sharpness etc when i dont take a perfect photo (nobody does thats why theres software for fixing) :)

i open the photo i want to work on in my editing software. i will adjust the brightness and contrast. i will also sharpen the image if i think its necessary.

then i'll crop the image to get rid of all unnecessary background. i'm trying to show the fly i just tied not my entire tying room in the background.

if i'm satisfied with the photo, then i resize it to 600 pixels wide. 600 pixels wide is a very common size for forums.

i will the save the modified photo and the original photo in its own folder on my external hard drive

then the photo goes to an appropriate folder on photobucket

i take pride in my tying and hopefully the time it takes me to show everybody a good photo is worth it. some will not like my methods but so what! do something better!

Flytire and others. Sorry I have ignored this post for awhile. Checked a couple of times and nothing here, now realize I was ignoring good help. What I can't figure out is why some of the same pics I've posted in the past with thumbnails direct from computer were fine, now all of a sudden, "Error...to big".

Flytire, on the other board I do use Photobucket but have never done any editing. That board doesn't have the thumbnail quickie option this one does, which used to work for me. I'm going to be trying some of the above and see what I can do. I have no way to tell how big my jpeg files are right now. Believe me, if there was a course at local school to take in the summer I'm going to be taking it.

You should be getting a visit from ATF any minute. Perhaps they can help you after the tear gas wears off.

LOL...Didn't get your meaning until I saw the pic posted. Yeah, that was just a few of us taking my grand daughter up to do some shooting up on the government land. Difference between living here and where I used to live is if we were stopped in just about any city we'd have a dozen squads surrounding us in minutes.

If our local deputy or sheriff looked in the box he'd say, wait, I'll run home and get a couple of new pieces I really haven't spent enough time with yet and I'll meet ya' up there.

Okay, I think I'm getting going in the right direction. I like the cropping in Paint and that gets size down to use with board upload system.

Gotta go now. SWAT team van just rolled into driveway.

DSC01445.JPG

DSC01443.JPG

DSC01448.JPG

And using cropping in Photobucket.....

01211c72-db79-421f-a585-73098409559a_zps

A bit off topic but...........glad to hear that you are teaching your granddaughter to shoot and shoot safely. I'm doing the same with my grandkids. Two have BB guns and may get two more for Christmas for two others. Have 8 GKs and #9 due in August. My son and I are Hunter Education instructors and are very adamant about secure gun storage and safety.