Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

foam poppers

Tried some of the lil bodies...Kinda like no painting...Unless spots and glitter :) Later DL

101_0863.JPG

Wanna have some fun...try disposable ear plugs....some( especially ones one cords) have a natural cup.....I tie alot of em for bass. Harden them up with sally hanson or epoxy....cheap cheap cheap!!

Cheers,

Sean

Never considered the foam b/c it's so soft, but when the right color d-rib is unavailable....walla! Later DL

IMG_00815.JPG ;)

Never considered the foam b/c it's so soft, but when the right color d-rib is unavailable....walla! Later DL

IMG_00815.JPG ;)

Try the plugs they work great....I have tied dozens with the ear plugs....trust me they work.

Got the bodies from BassPro shop...Their hump back hooks were way to long for this size so I managed to have/make #6 Gamakatsu 50410/ drop shot hooks to work. Had to spear with bodkin and push the eye of the hook thru from the rear and Krazy glued'em rather than split'em. Had to open the bite of the hooks a bit w/pliers. Wish the lil bodies were flat on bottom but OK...Not having to paint is a big plus! But only colors were lite green and yellow...Later DL