Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
deaddrifter

Regal Revolution question

I don't know the answer to your question.... but they have a phone number as well as an email address on their web site. If I was to speculate I'd say that you have to shell out extra for the $15 hanger or the deluxe $45 one. I've watched Dave Calcavecchia (sp?) a couple times spin his big striper flies on the revolution and was certainly impressed. There is a clip of him doing the high speed spinning on the Regal site as well. I can't do that with my in-line rotary Renzetti. tight wraps!

per the photos on the regal website it doesnt appear to come with a bobbin cradle

someone at regal will give you an accurate answer

For the dough they should be throwing in the cradle.

LOL AND a little tying material to last you 6 months or so.

It's a nice vise though. You'll spend a lot of great on it. Enjoy the nice piece

of equipment.

Got a Regal Revolution years ago with a bobbin hanger attached to an Orvis edition which had a wood base. Usually just hang finished flys on it instead of thread..

I've tried to just hold the thread in my hand while using the rotary but I'm apparently not coordinated enough to pull that off without making a mess of my thread.

just let the bobbin hang and then counterwind the extra thread afterward. Not for speed tyers but it works for me. (I don't like my bobbin holder but I do like my rotary)

just let the bobbin hang and then counterwind the extra thread afterward. Not for speed tyers but it works for me. (I don't like my bobbin holder but I do like my rotary)

Since the bobbin thread wheel is about 7 3/4" away from the vice jaws on a 180 degree plane off the eye hook unless it's behind them, don't use the function that much .