Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Help with posting thumbnails

16 replies to this topic

#16 Flat Rock native

Flat Rock native

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 03:58 PM

Lodge!

Kenduardo's Lure & Fly

Buffalo, Wyoming

Happily living in "Longmire's" county

😎

#17 mikechell

mikechell

I LOVE SNOW ITS SO FLUFFY!!!!!!!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,856 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:10 PM

I never used to have to do anything to my pictures and it's the same camera and I'm putting them in the same "Pictures" folder on the computer. I don't know what has changed? 

Two things might be happening.  

1)  Many cameras have an option of how large a picture they capture.  If you changed that, intentionally or otherwise, then you might be saving larger photos.  Check your camera settings for picture resolution or type.

2)  The new computer might be saving the pictures in a different format than the old one did.  On my computer, some pictures save as JPEG, others as J-PEG, and other as JPE (no "G").  All three are different formats, and have different pixel counts for the exact same picture, visually.

Resizing the pictures should allow you to post them, no matter the format.  

Post #5 on this thread, for resizing using MSPaint ...

http://www.flytyingf...showtopic=85250

PS ... FRn ... Did you also misspell "Calamity" or did you mean to write "Calumny"?

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

Reply to this topic