Fly Tying
vicrider

monthly swap pics...streamers

So I'm hoping I give the right people credit but someday I'll figure out how to tag pics. In the meantime I just try to give the correct credits.

These would be my contribution...

DSC01209.JPG DSC01210.JPG

And I hit the wrong button...

Here is Breambuster's "sort of a streamer crappie killer"...

DSC01211.JPG

And J-Kno has also contributed two...

DSC01212.JPG DSC01213.JPG

Kennebec has sent us this...

DSC01214.JPG

And I did it again...

Here is Netabrookie's pair of sweet streamers he sent us...

DSC01215.JPG DSC01216.JPG

And I'm showing two shots of Cracklebacks articulated sheephead. The standout this month...

DSC01217.JPG DSC01218.JPG

djtrout has a classic Muddler...

DSC01219.JPG

Jolly Red has a compact panfish clouser for deeper crappie...

DSC01220.JPG

Michael Ray has an untagged version of the wooly bugger...

DSC01222.JPG

Add147 has this nice one for us...

DSC01223.JPG

Border Collies brings this to the table and has last month's tiny nymph but my pic of it didn't work...

DSC01225.JPG

And to round out another beautiful set from the Monthly swappers Joseph Russell has this...

DSC01227.JPG

Wow those are really really nice looking set of flies!!! vicrider don't forget to combine ship these with the green herl swap that we are in. It's going to be a few days before I can get out so no rush. That sinus infection I had 3 weeks ago turned into pneumonia so I'm stuck inside in bed with my smart phone. Day time TV sucks! I have satellite and I cannot believe the crap I am paying for...Oh yeah I forgot that's the reason why I took up this hobbie cause there ain't crap on TV anymore! LOL

Hey vicrider, I'd love to take credit for the other fly but I only supplied the Platte River Special on the left (gold, yellow & red).

Keep it reel!

Nice looking set. Here's the recipe for mine

Back Hook: Gamakatsu B10s #4

Tail: Marabou and flashabou

Body: Estaz and palmered saddle

Wing: Magnum zonker

Rubber legs

Connection: Beadalon and a couple glass beads

Front Hook: B10s #2

Body/Wing: same as back

Weight: Medium lead dumbbells

Head: Deer Hair

J-Kno, I tried to give ya' extra credit. LOL Don't know yet whose the extra was but there was a few of them in there. Hopefully everyone gets all the ones they should and one of their own back on this month.

Haha the bucktail under J-Kno is mine, as well as the brown bugger. The bucktail is my primary fly for the swap, the bugger is a test run with the body made of the marabou twisted into a rope, let me know if you use it and the marabou comes off, it may need wire counter-wrapped in future versions if the marabou uncoils on most of them.

Streamers are probably my favorite fly style to fish, and this will be a nice little addition to the streamer box.... oh wait it's already overflowing, guess I need another fly box.

Sorry for that Kennebec. I knew someone had had two in the swap and when I shot I wrote down the names as I took the pics but attributed the double set to wrong name. All in all a great swap. I also use streamers a lot when I get to fish and really like the sizes from 10 and smaller for panfish.