Fly Tying
tctrout

Fly Tying Organization

In my newest video, I share a CHEAP way to organize some of your materials. In the containers, I store beads, dumbbell eyes, etc. Feel free to post your ideas, too...and happy new year, all!

Tim

True that flytire, but does give hoarders an excuse for not throwing away cold cut containers;)

So I'm a hoarder now? Ha ha...guilty! ;-)

True that flytire, but does give hoarders an excuse for not throwing away cold cut containers;)

So I'm a hoarder now? Ha ha...guilty! ;-)

I am right beside you in that jail cell, friend. Sentenced as repeat offender by Judge Wifee:)

So what if it's nothing new to you, flytire? I for one when I was starting out wish I had more organization, and wished I watched this video. Just because it doesn't help you directly doesn't mean it doesn't help others, especially struggling beginners.

Thanks for the video Tim, nicely done as always!

What the heck, Flats??? You're taking offense where none was given.

Flytire's comment was for his own contributions. He's shown his storage on other threads, and is showing them again here. "Nothing new" as in, "Here's the stuff I've shown before."

^^thumbs up^^

flats

read the original post and dont just look at the picture. he also said Feel free to post your ideas, too...

let me rewite my post above so youre less offended

the little containers are a good idea if you do not have a lot of materials to put in them but after 35+ years of fly tying i have a small fly shops amount of tying materials that need more storage than little cold cut containers can hold and at $3.99 to $4.99 per container of cold cuts its kinda cost prohibitive

so i opt out of those little containers (my wallet is happier) and store my materials in those 97 cent sterilite containers from walmart. i get double/triple the amount of storage for a whole lot less

74w9F8T.jpg

for larger/longer paterials that dont fit in the sterilite shoe boxes i use larger containers

CuuV2Gr.jpg

for hooks

OgSX2WU.jpg

so there you have it. i hope you found some ideas for storage

take a walk through walmart and craft stores and maybe you too will come up with ideas for storing materials that you can share to fellow tyers.

happy holidays

p.s. i do save food containers for things other than storage

take away food containers can be used as trash receptacle on tour tying table

Q5TsMSL.jpg