Fly Tying
Poopdeck

Just messing around

Just playing around. Tied a few deceivers, a popper, a few Taiwan toad poppers, some brush flies with my new brush maker, some articulated some not, some with names but most just something. I'm really liking SF fiber.

post-48414-0-48541600-1462235101_thumb.jpeg

lol i hate SF, but just a personal pref, for me EP is the way to go

also, how do you like the brush maker?

I like tying with brushes. They make for a fast and simple tie. Of course you have to make the brush but the actual tying goes quick and simple. Hopefully the rain stops next week and I can go fish them. I'm curious about their durability. They have to be more durable, right?

They have to be more durable, right?

More durable than ??? I'm thinking the thin wire used for brushes will break/cut almost as easily as tying thread. At least, with tying thread, all the strands have to break before the fly unravels ... and adequate use of glue/sealant, I think streamers are pretty durable already.

Anyway ... I do like the ones you pictured above.

My pea brain equates more metal with more strength. Now I'm thinking the fiber will pull out of the wire twists more early because of the lack of glue. We shall soon learn.