Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Photobucket stopped 3rd party

I have this problem on another site. But I post directly from my computer.

I used to be able to copy and paste right to the dialog box. Then I had to change ...

Try this approach:

picture posting.jpg

You can use the Share button but here is how i post from flickr.

In the bottom right corner of the photo box there are 4 symbols.

Left Click on the 3rd symbol (downward facing arrow).

Right click on the image size you want to use then left click on "Copy link address".

Post that image address in the #3 box mike has in his photo above.

Another option is to click the More Reply Options button when you Create or Reply to a topic and use the Attach Files option of the full editor. I've used it to repost images from two of my previous posts by using the Edit Post feature. The names of the attachment images are shown in the edit window. I retained a copy of the images on my computer so it wasn't too cumbersome for me to delete the photobucket link and replace it. It is what I plan to use in the future to post or reply with images. Don't know whether I'll eventually find the time or have the inclination to do this for earlier posts but I obviously needed to change my image posting method as I am not inclined to pay $$$ either.

If Photobucket is looking for revenue in this way, it is very possible other image hosting sites will follow the lead sooner or later.

Right now several of us another site that does not have the direct posting feature this site has have gone to

https://postimg.org/ Similar to PB but free and no popups at all. Very clean and easy to use after a short time of playing around with it.

I do what Stippled does. All my photos are on my computer (and stored in a flash drive, crash prevention), and using the "More Reply Options" is quite simple.

IMG_0173.jpg

Used the post image site. thanks. When I use Flickr mobile app I don't get the same as you show. No size options no box....

i switched from photobucket (i'm not gonna pay them either) to imgur

easy to use and the links to my photos work