Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
GHow

Happy Thanksgiving all

I live on Lake Congamond in West Suffield, CT. I've been fishing for forty years fly fishing for thirty five of them. I've got to thank Howie (my dad) for getting me hooked. Wish he was still with us. This year wasn't the best of overall conditions but I did manage to catch quite a few. My main GO TO pattern of late is the Howser Clouser . A perfect match for my five weight rods wether I'm fishing the lake after work or wading Kings Island on the CT river. When the lake conditions are just right for top water I go to the Inverter. When Fly Fisherman magazine was expanding their online pattern library I was lucky enough to win first with the Inverter and third with the Howser for warmwater patterns. I'm usually only a brief online visitor but this site has sucked me in. Hopefully I can contribute as well biggrin.gif

Welcome, and it sounds like you`re a really good tier! Wish I could say I won an award for my fly. dunno.gif prolly won`t be able to though. Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck

Welcome to the forum bud we are glad to have ya hear. Just to warn you this place can get ahold of you and you'll find yourself spending more and more time here biggrin.gif

Feel free to make yourself at home around here

GHow i'm a little slow gettin to the welcome today,still stuffed from yestaerday biggrin.gif

but welcome aboard bud this is a great site with some really nice folks and you will like it here. Jump in to any of the forums that intrest ya,we have some that have been up for awhile and some others that are pretty new. Also be sure to check out the fly tyer of the year contest there still plenty of time left in that.

Happy belated T-day wink.gif

SD

Welcome to the jungle, baby!!! Watch out for the big beasties that lurk in the shadows!! Jump in anytime and enjoy the fellowship! Just checked out your fly...looking forward to your future submissions!! Again, welcome aboard the boards!

Welcome to the zoo!! You'll find all different levels and types of tying here and help if you need it or if you have the experience others will be more than happy to learn from you.

Again Welcome,

Fatman