Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Ordered two rods

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Mark Knapp

Mark Knapp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 07:45 PM

My rods are done and yours are not, so na na na na na.

#17 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 08:15 PM

I've had one for years, na na na na. I am looking forward to my next one quite a lot though.

#18 Mark Knapp

Mark Knapp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 08:59 PM

I've had one for years, na na na na. I am looking forward to my next one quite a lot though.

So what you mean is, the novelty of it has warn off and now it's just another rod? Sorry for you smile.png. The bad news for me is, it will be May before I get to try my new rods out, unless I go south some.

#19 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 02:15 AM

Haha no I enjoy it every time I get the chance to take it out (not often enough) it's my favorite rod, of the 3 fly rods I own.
How far south do you have to go to to use before may?

#20 Mark Knapp

Mark Knapp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 10:42 AM

Haha no I enjoy it every time I get the chance to take it out (not often enough) it's my favorite rod, of the 3 fly rods I own.
How far south do you have to go to to use before may?

I fly fish in the salt near Sitka every May or June, but everything north of there will just be breaking up. We sometimes still get snow in May. I'd probably have to go to lower America if I want to fly fish before May.