Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Renored13

Stoping by to say hi

Not really new here just haven't been on in a few years. just stopping by to say hi and whats up. Hi from Athens Ga, Soon to be Augusta Maine. My name is Colin,

And I have a question dose any body Know what kind of Vise this is. It was given to me by my Grandfather in law, I asked him if he remembered what type it was, unfortunately he dose not. As it's an old one he dose remember which one he gave me. For all i know it could be an old custom one he had mad for him a long time ago.

The photo will show 2 vises the one i'm asking about is the old one in the front not the Renzetti in the back.

Thanks any help on identifying this would help.

All the best

Colin

post-42900-0-67604600-1519028982_thumb.jpg

I'm not guessing at the vise. But I DO like that base, with the fold down legs !!! And the vise itself is pretty neat.

Welcome to the site, again.

Welcome back. As Mike said, that's a neat base. A very stable tying platform with the legs down. I did have a vise that screwed on to the stem like that but the similarity ends there. I gave it to my niece this past Thanksgiving as she's interested in tying flies. I won it in a raffle. I would say it's a custom made vise.