Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Not one but two LAW vises on eBay!

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#46 DFoster

DFoster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 10:27 AM

Beautiful piece of work Mark!

"I am not against golf, since I suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering trout."
- Paul O'Neil

#47 Mark Knapp

Mark Knapp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 03:16 PM

Thanks Mr.D

#48 Bazzer69

Bazzer69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 11:22 PM

How did we get from LAW vises to Marks knifes?
I wonder who did buy them? A collector or someone to use them? I hope the later.
Mark, do you have any pictures of the charity vise you are building? I would love to see the progress, Im sure others would too.
Barry

#49 Mark Knapp

Mark Knapp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 02:17 PM

How did we get from LAW vises to Marks knifes?
I wonder who did buy them? A collector or someone to use them? I hope the later.
Mark, do you have any pictures of the charity vise you are building? I would love to see the progress, Im sure others would too.
Barry

We got on the subject of my knives when you asked me about them in your post # 31, I was answering your question.

I am quite sure that the person who bought these vises did not buy them to use them. I'm not sure why anyone would pay that much for them if they wanted a vise to use, especially since, as you have pointed out, there are pretty good alternatives that don't cost near as much.

I don't have any pictures yet but I have started to make the vise. I am sorry to say that I had to push back the building of the vise due to an illness and death in the family and some health issues of my own. Right now the vise just looks like a few lumps of steel (damascus in it's raw form). I will post pictures when I get it further along.