Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Rocco

New Topic Groups?

Would anyone else like to see one place to go for info on "two handed rod fishing" and "tube flies"? Is it readily doable within the existing format?

Rocco

How the heck are "two handed rods" and "tube flies" related ???

I didn't realize tube flies could only be fished with two handed rods.

I think the best place for an exclusive "rod" forum would be to go to the "Rod Builder's site" ... which Steve can guide you to.

Sorry ... I think there's enough different forums on this site ... some of which aren't even used on a weekly monthly annual basis.

while there are a lot of things doable within the existing format, we cant get the "fly pattern database" to work properly so adding 2 new categories that has already been talked about in "fly tying" and "fly fishing" is something thats probably never going to happen

maybe more participation in the already existing threads regarding "tube flies" would be beneficial.

Mike,

You are way off base.

I mentioned two separate new groups, not any linkage!

Moreover, there is a lot more to two handed rods including varieties, innovative new designs, uses of various line types in particular circumstances, makers. casting styles etc than just how to build them!

Just feeling ornery tonite?

Rocco

Sorry Rocco, I'll take the hit for thinking you were connecting the two ... just the way I read it.

But I stand by my opinion on a separate section just for two handed rods.

Then we need one for tenkara poles.

And one for nymph rods.

Any one of the numerous "specialty" rods will have some fanatics that want their own forum.

You can start a thread on any topic, see how far the interest takes it ... no need for a special section exclusive to that style.

Look at how long "Fish Pictures" has run !!!

Ahh, Tenkara & nymph can stay under flyfishing! With just doublehand rods, that means it caters for Salmon, Steelhead & Seatrout men & don't need 3 seperate one's! Doublehanded fly fishing is very differen't to single!

If one used a drone to drop the hook a quarter mile away, would that constitute "fly" fishing?

The good and sometimes (rarely) bad thing about this site is that it is free. IT support costs real bucks or valuable time. Seems to me that if it is cost-effective more forums could be added. Who underwrites the costs? Are there sponsors that want to pay up? After the level of interest is gauged, the site operators need to decide.

Let Rocco's proposition play out for a bit. I for one like the idea of tube flies, I am just not very good with them yet. There is a certain beauty about turning a discarded q-tip into a fish-catching device. So more specific information is helpful, the faster I find it, the better; but in the meantime this site is flexible enough while we wait for the technology to catch up with the technology.

I'd rather keep those topics in the fly fishing and bench categories. If we keep adding more categories, the forum could end up bloated like theflyfishingforum.com where they have around 100 separate categories to wade through.