Thread: UNI 6/0
Tag: Veevus French Tinsel M
Tail: Red/Yellow Bucktail, Gold Crystal flash
Body: UNI-Floss Black
Rib: Veevus French Tinsel M
Wing: Black Hair, Gold Crystal Flash
Hackle: Yellow & Red hackle
Sides: JC

Nicely done. There are so many variations on this fly I suspect the original has been lost amongst them. Anyone who would like to see the original and read the story of it's creation can find it here.

Cheers,

C.

Nicely done. There are so many variations on this fly I suspect the original has been lost amongst them. Anyone who would like to see the original and read the story of it's creation can find it here.

Cheers,

C.

Great read there on the origin, there are so many variants of this that it is nice to read up on how it originated.

Lovely fly. I like to add an over tail of fox just over half length of tail. Then as above.

I love it eide! But have been thinking for a while about a pure black cascade, i have black crystal flash!

Thanks!

Go for it, and post it here!

eide! I don't know how to post pictures! But i give you my personal permision to ty my idea of the pure black cascade and post a picture! I tied in the winter two almost pure black ally's shrimp flies! One with orange phesant wing, other with amherest white! Taking both to Orkla river in august! Please feel free to try the all black Cascade!

I'll give the blacky a shot later unless Eide gets there first. Black always good at evening on a clear river

2015.06.06.dryfly.me_.cascade_black-1024

Something like that? In a bit of a hurry since dinner is cooking :) I can see I need some better softhackle!

Umm. Loses something the original has with the coloured tail and black over.

Of course it looses something, but I really start to like the pattern as I sit hand hold it and observe it! Would absolutely put this on a summer night here!

I'll try some and see what they look like in hand. I was a little taken aback how much it looks different from the standard. I think it could be one where flash could make or break it when it comes to fishing it. Its pouring cats dogs and hell hounds just now so I'm watching the cup final and I'll hit the bench tomorrow.

I have ordered some long shank hooks sold as 'carp' hooks to tie up singles. Nearly third the price of 'salmon' hooks but lovely curve to the shank and strong.

I have ordered some long shank hooks sold as 'carp' hooks to tie up singles. Nearly third the price of 'salmon' hooks but lovely curve to the shank and strong.

What kind of hooks? Now I'm interested!