Fly Tying
salarfishing

Salmon on a dry fly

That was awesome!

You luck so & so... That looks like you had a GREAT day.

The video charges up my sensory system, I can smell the clean water and salmon oil . And this year we aren't traveling to salmon country, dang !

Now there is a video I'd have loved to go on a lot farther. Would love to have the take, the play, the landing, the release. Just from the jump we know it was a good fish and you're lucky to have gotten a chance to enjoy that trip.

Hi Joseph, thanks. I don't remember exactly what took that fish, but nothing too large. Probably a #2 or #4 brown, blue, or crevette (shrimp) colored fly.

Thanks

Hi Vic, I have more of this video, but I'm pretty sure a few good cuss words slipped out, so cut it short... :). Fish was about 14lbs.

Willie Gunn...I fish dry fly a lot in eastern Canada when the water goes over approximately 60 degrees fahrenheit. That particular pool is dry fly heaven... water moves just right. Make your way to this part of the world sometime! Message me if you ever decide too, I'll fill you in on some great places to go.