Fly Tying
tyler94

High Country Swap

This swap will be for any pattern you like best when fishing for trout in the high country. It could be alpine lakes, or small streams, and whatever pattern, dry or wet, is a favorite up there. It could be simple caddis or mayfly dries, or larger terrestrials, ants, or subsurface patterns. While usually the fish in these waters won't be too selective, its always nice to have a good sized collection of patterns in case they get tricky.

I would like 12 swappers for this one. The standard rules will apply, please tie 12 flies and toe tag them. Also, please send them in a self addressed stamped envelope with enough postage to make it back to you. I think a due date of October 31 should be enough time, and if more is needed, I can push the due date back.

SM- Tyler94
1. Netabrookie- Martis Midge- Received
2. fishingbobnelson- Sierra Bright Dot- Received
3. add147- TBD- Received
4. pica- Callibaetis cripple, chironomid- Received
5. DavidHE- TBD- Received
6. vicrider- Parachute Adams- Received
7. joseph russell- caddis- Received
8. JacksonK- Griffiths Gnat Variant- Received
9. carpflyguy- Hopper- Received
10. foambug- TBD
11. stilis- Yellow Humpy- Received
12. jaymckaughan- TBD- Received

Tyler94, I'm in. I guess the mountains around here can be considered the high country. I will make up my mind as to what I am tying and let you know soon. I am sorry to read that Flytire is staying away from the swaps for a while because he is an excellent tyer and shares an unsurpassed wealth of knowledge with everyone on this site. We occasionally disagree on a thing or two but I have the utmost respect for him.

Tyler94, I'm in. I guess the mountains around here can be considered the high country. I will make up my mind as to what I am tying and let you know soon. I am sorry to read that Flytire is staying away from the swaps for a while because he is an excellent tyer and shares an unsurpassed wealth of knowledge with everyone on this site. We occasionally disagree on a thing or two but I have the utmost respect for him.

thank you

youre not a bad guy either

thank you

youre not a bad guy either

Ditto! flytire is a pretty good fellow in my book!!!

I'm in. I've found the high sierra fish varied this summer. One day they liked big terrestrials, another weighted nymphs. Same backpacking trip, same water. I''l have to think on which flies were the most productive. Pattern TBD.

I'm in. I've found the high sierra fish varied this summer. One day they liked big terrestrials, another weighted nymphs. Same backpacking trip, same water. I''l have to think on which flies were the most productive. Pattern TBD.

Okay you're in. I found the same experience on a few different trips this summer to the high sierra as well. They would change from one hour to the next, parachute Adams on top, and then a little while later, they wanted a sunken ant pattern.