OK boys and girls.....

I got #5 burning goggle lens

Got #10 welding lens

Got 1.75 cheaters (magnifiers)

Bring on da eclipse!!!!!

You need #13-#14 to be safe.

I got #15 and the Kicker!

Some are going thru lil hole in a box onto a surface or

Take mirror and reflect it onto a surface.

DONT look directly at it....

People are putting bras over cows and horses eyes...

IMG_1288.jpg

I am hoping to be home with Wife at the peak ... but I'll probably stuck in traffic and watching it through the blue tint at the top of my windshield.

Just kidding, I know that won't protect me.

If I get home in time, Wife and I will be doing the pinhole method.

But ... it'll only be about 86% covered here, in Central Florida.

We're right in the middle of the path of totality. Can't wait to get my boys out to see it. Hoping the weather cooperates but, last I saw, there's a pretty good chance for clouds and rain. We've got glasses but I think I need to put together a pinhole viewer tonight.

We had a partial eclipse here several years ago. A bunch of us were at work and watched through #12 lenses in our welding shields. I can still see so I guess the lens was dark enough. lol

Les

Im not totally sure how they come up with #14 darkness...#10 weld lens is blocking some serious flash up close than looking straight into the sun zillion miles away thru our atmosphere. Tv station said it could damage a cell phone. Maybe looking thru one or at the sun tying to aim one wouldn't be safe but the image ain't that big. I've shot welders at work ain't ruint mine yet....

I keep hearing about this Solar Eclipse tomorrow. Like everyday, being the introvert I am, I''ll be at home in my man-cave during it....while my friends all be like......

7Kzyyv.jpg

I'll be at work. Don't plan on looking at the eclipse. Looking at a circle covering another circle does not interest me in the least. Especially if I have to look at it through a welders mask or some hokey image projected onto a a card. Not for for me. The local news coverage will show me the eclipse in its entirety without darkening everything out.

connecticut only gets a partial eclipse. been there done that. not that big of a deal

next one here is may 2079. doubt ill be enthusiastic about that one

Guest rich mc

i will be working near a creek hope to see how the fish and wildlifebehave rich mc

i will be working near a creek hope to see how the fish and wildlifebehave rich mc

I saw an article that was asking for angler's to report how the fishing is before, during, and after the eclipse. Wish I could participate but I'm looking forward to the results.

Well, it came and went by here.

Sun was about 90% cover per NASA, but it felt less to my eye, I mean, cereal box.

Clearly lower temperature for a bit and a visible grey-ish tint.

The pin hole projectors worked great. It actually lets you see the sun through the clouds if the cover is not too heavy.

Saw it through the clouds. Pin hole and magnifying glass images showed the partial eclipse wonderfully. I hope I am still alive and active when Florida gets a total eclipse in 2045 !!!

I, Like RichMC, was more interested in the way the wildlife reacted. I went to the wildlife center here on the college campus and noted the animals all acting like it was nighttime. The crickets and nocturnal frogs were drowning out the construction next door!