Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
vicrider

Hurricane Harvey

This one is going to be really bad. Since there have been many time since Katrina they gave warnings that were kind of a dud I'm hoping people heed this one and get to safety. Couple years ago there was many lives lost and hundreds of homes destroyed in TX from flash flooding. This could very well be worse. I cannot wrap my mind around 36" inches of water coming down over 24-30 hours. You do not have to be in a flood plain to be washed away in that. Saw many people have actually been pumping up their houses and setting them on stilt blocks to avoid the interior flooding. I'd be afraid the rushing water could still take the whole thing down.

Like the old adage, "Don't drown...Turn around"... I add "Don't ride it out...Get out!"

Nik

Our neighborhood here in Houston area is under voluntary evacuation we are getting out of here. Our house at the coast is actually ok, which is crazy since they predicted Port O Connor to take the worst damage. It leveled Rockport.

I'm reading about Houston in my local paper now. Looks bad, seems like a smart move to get out. Be safe.

Our neighborhood here in Houston area is under voluntary evacuation we are getting out of here. Our house at the coast is actually ok, which is crazy since they predicted Port O Connor to take the worst damage. It leveled Rockport.

Be safe! Hurricanes are full of surprises.