Fly Tying
vicrider

Any snake ID out there?

Yes, my daughter and SO have a reptile shop but I can't agree with their assessment of this snake found by my niece's kittens. It's only about 4 inches long and 1/8 wide and would make a great bass bait but I was ruled out on that one. I won't throw the ID that my daughter gave but though it is sort of in the pattern the one they ID'd is not listed in Western OK. I have some tools to enhance the pictures but the pattern and color is still true. One of the problems is something as simple as a garter snake has several different patterns depending on location and there is even a poisonous garter snake most people don't realized.

DSC01808 (2).JPG DSC01809 (2).JPG

Yeah looks like a western ground snake but thier bands tend to extend all the way to the white part of their belly and yours dont seem to be like that. A lot of variations who knows

Promise us this wasn't created at your vise! It would make an excellent "streamer" or "lure" I am sure the trout couldn't ignore!

SO = Significant Other !!!

I'll bet yours will be pissed if she (he?) finds out you don't know what that means !!!

Nice picture Mike. I'm definitely going with a western ground snake. Don't know if my niece wants to raise this one up or just turn it loose but I've had a few snakes over the years and they are pretty much useless as pets but fun anyway.

Poopdeck, SO usually means a serious relationship (theirs has been about 15 years) without paperwork to go along with it. Much more common today and though not always parents first choice it is more or less accepted today. Her engagement ring has probably been polished more times without a band next to it than most.

Got it, LIS (living in sin). I got a 26 year old daughter in one of them relationships. Only for about a year and they are scheduled to get married next year. It really drives her bananas when they come to visit and we make them sleep in seperate rooms.

Although I am married ... I am SO glad I am an atheist. No such thing as "sin" so no such thing as "LIS".

Although I am married ... I am SO glad I am an atheist. No such thing as "sin" so no such thing as "LIS".

I like this, I've been living with my SO for over 14 years, no need to spoil a good thing by getting married!! Since I don't believe in "sin" it makes it all that much better.

Blane

Poopdeck, that's plain mean. If I was the SO with your daughter and came to visit I'd get a motel room. rolleyes.gif

Poopdeck, that's plain mean. If I was the SO with your daughter and came to visit I'd get a motel room. rolleyes.gif

LOL And then brag about what happens in the hotel room. Maybe even play audio recordings.

Broadcast just how much fun "LIS" can be !!!

I am with Poopdeck.

I do realize that things change, but if those are the house rules, those are the house rules.

HE can get a motel room if HE wants to.

I suspect HE is actually encouraged to get a motel room... :)