Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Tiny bead chain

Add some sparkle flash, dubbing for some buggy looking pupa maybe. Chains from jewelry making section, HobbyLobby

8-A8-F5397-983-B-475-B-B707-9425146-BE4-

B9392317-069-C-45-FD-A338-A4-F4-DA53-BE6

Couldnt see how small they were from the photos. I have filled orders for Charlies in as small as #8s... but those are tiny. Still good looking bugs.

I have some that is tiny.Can never have enough.I have some huge stainless used on commercial blinds if i ever need giant clousers .I buy the brass painted white in bulk at Menards and is easily painted with nail polish etc.I fish weedy warm water ponds lakes and rocky creeks .Inverting most of my flies is a must.

Thanks for the heads up. The Hobby Lobby near me had it in 4-5 colors, as well as some slightly larger bead chain (about the size sold as small bead chain in fly tying stores) in metallic red and metallic blue and matte white. All of it not only came home with me, but it was all on sale 50% off. Can't beat that.

Some years ago I got hold of some gold plated 1mm 1/25th inch bead chain. Though that is far from the smallest. If you want dumbell eyes down to #24 then use the connector between the beads in bead chain.

Cheers,

C.