Fly Tying
Hannah118

Greenie Weenie pattern

this is posted in the wrong place

So sorry. I am new to the forum. Where should I re-post?

I'm assuming you don't have a favorite pattern then... ;)

Hannah, this is as good a forum for this question as any.

But, if you want to be politically correct ... the "fly tying bench" forum would be the best place. Or, perhaps, the "Beginners" forum.

Most of the threads on this forum start with actual Step-by-Step instructions.

There are a ton of "green weenie" patterns online. Personally, I like worm patterns that hang close to or on the surface. Where I fish, anything that goes to the bottom too fast, gets lost in the weeds or the silt.

But, if you want to be politically correct ... the "fly tying bench" forum would be the best place. Or, perhaps, the "Beginners" forum.

There are a ton of "green weenie" patterns online. Personally, I like worm patterns that hang close to or on the surface. Where I fish, anything that goes to the bottom too fast, gets lost in the weeds or the silt.

Noted! Thanks so much!

Noted! Thanks so much!

Maybe someone will post up a video, Mop flies have been featured previously.

I would link a Youtube if I knew how.

Don't sweat your topic forum, it takes a little practice to figure out the procedures and workings of this site... Carry On...

Thanks for helping me not feel like a noob! Fly fishing isn't popular where I live, so it can be hard to learn and get better. But then I found all y'all on this site- goldmine!

Noted! Thanks so much!

Maybe someone will post up a video, Mop flies have been featured previously.

I would link a Youtube if I knew how.

Don't sweat your topic forum, it takes a little practice to figure out the procedures and workings of this site... Carry On...

The GW for trout is fished weighted by split shot, lead wire or bead head. It can be tied with chenille or vernille depending on hook size and the look you are after. Mop flies are a little different in that they have a little movement in the water as opposed to the GW which is rather stiff.

The GW is very inexpensive to tie, so twist up a few in the different configurations and see which works best for you.