Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
sniksoh

how do u get the rubber legs out???

i cut apart a bugee cord but i cant figure out how to get the rubber legs out???? can u help me

?

Cut off one end then unravel the nylon weaved materials outer shell. I leave the other end together from the factory to keep them together.

-Sam

I spent way too much money on trying to find bungee cords with the right size rubber in it. When I finally found the right size they would kink when you got them out of the sleeve. Then you have to take the time to remove the sleeve. For me it was cheaper and easier to just buy rubber legs.

I found rubber legs for $1.50 for a yard that is 2 inches wide. That package will last me at least a couple of years if not longer. Something aren't worth the effort versus the cost of buying a nw package. This was one of those items for me.

I'm surprised at your results swamphunter. The sleeve on my bungy was weaved nylon that unweaved really easy and all the legs were fine. Maybe all bunge companies make them different. But like everything else you have to go with what fits you best.

-Sam

Sign in to follow this