Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
cvansickler

Fly Tying Bag

Does anyone have any recommendations for a fly tying bag. Something padded that I can carry my vise, tools and tying material in. I know that William and Joseph have a bag, but I cant see spending $130 to $160 on a bag. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thank you for your time. C.

cvansickler

I did see a guy last year on River rd in Tellico that had ,what I thought looked like a good idea. He had taken a padded laptop case and took it to his local leathersmith and had additional compartments installed in the case for his supplies, his vice and other tools were in pockets secured with velcro. It looked pretty neat and he said it worked well for him. Just an idea.

Jeff

Depending on how much garbage you carry you can go with something like a tackle bag made by Flambeau or Shimano or take your pick. Top section(s) (Flambeau) zip open to bed depths of three-four inches X the cube and may have a staggered separator one side or the other for items such as cement, tools, etc.; bottom section zips open to drop-front where plastic cases would have been housed and where you may carry flats of skins, capes, etc., in their plastic pouches or use slide cases provided in a similar way. Not all hinged-cover plastic cases have fixed separators and may be used to contain many different types of materials.

Almost every piece of tying material I own is riding around in just such a setup, from vise bases to bucktails and beyond.

Sign in to follow this