Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Toledo Ohio, Steelhead

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jmmccutc

jmmccutc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 03:34 PM

my younger brother is a sophomore at university of dayton, he's been asking me about steelhead fishing in the toledo ohio area (closest place to him for this activity). i am more familiar with NE Ohio and Erie PA...just wondering if you all could think of some streams in that part of Ohio that i could turn him towards and popular patterns i could tie up for him, thanks.

#2 SmallieHunter

SmallieHunter

For I am Mullis...Lord of the idiots!

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,489 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 07:48 PM

Man I have never heard of any Steelie streams in the western part of the state. dunno.gif

test

#3 Shoe

Shoe

Bellied up to a Sand Bar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 10:07 AM

The closest to Toledo would be the Huron River just North of Monroe Mi.

The only problem is the flow. Usually only the first couple of holes below Flat Rock Dam will remain ice-free during the Winter.
I know where they live, I know what they eat. Now it's time to fool them with thread, feathers and roadkill.

#4 JoeFish

JoeFish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 10:15 AM

tell your brother to join the fishing club at ud. its free.

have him email Joseph Swinko in the UD adress book. i will get him on the list

i am one of the two guys who founded it. I will be there for one more semester then i am done!!!!! headbang.gif i am going to be putting together a steelhead trip in the spring, up to the cleveland area.

Joe
Formerly known as Swinks1966