Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Fishing Trip - Quebec

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 steelhead1975

steelhead1975

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 10:18 AM

I plan to try an unguided trip in Gaspe for salmon in Quebec, but only for a whole day. I'm bringing my girlfriend, and I think she'll get bored of fishing if it's more than a day. Anyone have any advice?

We plan on doing this on the way to Nova Scotia, so if anyone has any NS fly fishing info that would be great, preferably for something we don't have in Ontario (such as stripers, mackeral, shad, chain pickeral, etc.).

Thanks in advance to any do-gooders!

#2 Fly1

Fly1

another damn Canadian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 02:36 PM

There was a nice article about fly fishing the Gaspe on Flyanglers Online: http://www.flyangler...ada/can225.html

Hope it helps

Ken cool.gif
Credit River Cane Rods
<span style='color:blue'>Ken Paterson, Streetsville, Ontario</span>

#3 steelhead1975

steelhead1975

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 09:57 AM

Thanks for the article! It was most informative, as well as packed with stunning pictures. I'll be counting down the days...and trying to convince the Mrs. of extending the stay in Gaspe!

#4 CapeBSalar

CapeBSalar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,088 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 07:25 PM

Hey Steelhead1975,

I'm actually from Nova Scotia and starting to plan a trip to the Gaspe with my Fiancee we are going to tour the Gaspe and Quebec City for our Honeymoon. I have 3 river guides from Saumon Quebec the one for the Gaspe is excellent!!

http://www.saumonque...splayHome?lg=en

Also when learning about fishing opportunities in Nova Scotia no other resource is more detailed than a book by Don Maclean.

http://www.novascoti...om/guide/books/

We are going to basically get a map, search for points of interest and plan our route through the Gaspe and around up into Quebec City and go from there. There are a few other members that have given me advice and names of outfitters in the Gaspe region and I'm sure you'll get some feedback from them here for sure.

Good luck on planning your trip and don't under estimate the female angler, you never know you she might really enjoy herself. I know mine never really fished or tied flies ever and now she's getting really good at tying and I even had her flyfishing for Atlantic Salmon on the Margaree this summer a few times.

Good luck and tight lines,

Damian
Canadian Fly Tyer's

Damian's Flytyer.ca Profile

Damian's Classic Salmon Fly Website

Fly Tyer's Daily Blog

"Neither is there a right way nor a wrong way to tie a fly---sometimes just a better way."
J. Edson Leonard (Preface to his 1988 Edition of Flies, 1950, A.S. Barnes, NY)

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." Henry David Thoreu

riversedgeflyfishing@ns.sympatico.ca

#5 steelhead1975

steelhead1975

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 08:27 AM

Hey thanks for the advice! Those websites are very helpful. Good luck to yourself and your fiancee in Gaspe, and thanks again for the info.

#6 CapeBSalar

CapeBSalar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,088 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 07:33 PM

Anytime, glad you found it useful!!
Damian
Canadian Fly Tyer's

Damian's Flytyer.ca Profile

Damian's Classic Salmon Fly Website

Fly Tyer's Daily Blog

"Neither is there a right way nor a wrong way to tie a fly---sometimes just a better way."
J. Edson Leonard (Preface to his 1988 Edition of Flies, 1950, A.S. Barnes, NY)

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." Henry David Thoreu

riversedgeflyfishing@ns.sympatico.ca

#7 salmosalar

salmosalar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 03:37 PM

Hi,

You should get help from Quebec sporting group. Look at their website:

http://www.quebecsporting.com/

Ann Smith is very helpfull.