Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Sasquatch Poll...

25 replies to this topic

Poll: Sasquatch ...?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

What do you shoot a Sasquatch

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Mike West

Mike West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:22 PM

If there was a Sasquatch...there are so many game cams out there now days we would have a legit pic of one by now.

#17 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

When I grow up, I'm moving to Florida !!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,952 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:14 PM

Sasquatch actually was not mythological to be honest. There was something in prehistoric times called the Gigantopithecus which was a 9-10ft tall upright ape. That IMO is where the whole Sasquatch thing came from if you ask me. Gigantopithecus were actually somewhat recent by prehistoric time frames with their extinction being only 100,000 yrs ago. Which seems like a long time to us but in history of the world times that is actually a blink of an eye. I highly doubt there are any left even in the far reaches of the world, but you can never say never.  Case in point are gorillas. They were not even discovered till about 1850 or there abouts. So there's always a slim chance that something is out there we do not fully know about. In America though? No, I'd say not a chance anywhere in N.America. Maybe a slim 1% chance in some far off jungle, but even then....

Fun to imagine though. Far off wild monsters have always peeked mans interests.

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

#18 tjm

tjm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 03:02 PM

Your giant was in SE Asia, though and the Sasquatch is purely N.America, there were also the Yeti and the giants of the Bible, as you say we don't yet know the full story.

A few years ago it would been outrageous  to say humans have Neanderthal ancestry, talk about miscegenation.

#19 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,952 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 03:26 PM

The story still comes from Gigantopithecus. It's the same with many other "monsters". If something existed in one part of the world then it's only a matter of time till you hear people in other parts of the world saying they have seen it where they are. My point was simply that the legend of Sasquatch is most likely rooted in what was once a real creature in China and Indonesia.

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

#20 FishnPhil

FishnPhil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 04:08 PM

I think the more important question is 1st...

Would you eat it?

2nd...will it taste like chicken?

:D :D :D

#21 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,952 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 04:27 PM

It would taste like Jack Links beef jerky biggrin.png

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

#22 Mike West

Mike West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 04:28 PM

I think the more important question is 1st...

Would you eat it?

2nd...will it taste like chicken?

:D :D :D

Thats funny! If you put enough BBQ sauce or Cream of Mushroom soup on it any thing taste good.

There are so many trail cams out there now days if there was a Bigfoot we would have a legit picture of one by now.

#23 FishnPhil

FishnPhil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 09:59 AM

Maybe we haven't captured on on camera because it is so ugly that it fears exactly this. Oh wait, then that would then be a Squonk. What is a Squonk, you say?

According to wikipedia:

The legend holds that the creature's skin is ill-fitting, being covered with warts and other blemishes and that because it is ashamed of its appearance, it hides from plain sight and spends much of its time weeping.  Hunters who have attempted to catch squonks have found that the creature is capable of evading capture by dissolving completely into a pool of tears and bubbles when cornered.

This explains it!!

#24 DarrellP

DarrellP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 06:29 AM

Being short and hairy, the kids at work have decided that I am a dwarf Sasquatch. Yeah, they are scared of me...lol

I would not shoot one. I would lasso it and bring it in.
"Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job." John Geirach

#25 DarrellP

DarrellP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 06:34 AM

If there was a Sasquatch, some redneck would have shot one by now.
"Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job." John Geirach

#26 mikechell

mikechell

I LOVE SNOW ITS SO FLUFFY!!!!!!!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 06:35 AM

I would lasso it and bring it in.

laugh.png This is hilariously ridiculous on SO many levels !!!

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

Reply to this topic