Fly Tying
breambuster

Bluegill Swap - Due Date Feb 15

SWAP IS CLOSED. WE ARE NOW FULL.

I have been running a Bluegill Swap Club for the past 2 years, but this year, I'm going to be running several bluegill swaps during the year. These swaps will be open to the first 12 swappers who ask to join, no exceptions. The first of these open swaps will be for Bluegill Flies that incorporate rubber legs as one of the materials. But you don't have to USE them as legs. You can tie a rubber skirt, use the rubber material for a wing or tie a fly with rubber legs, or any other idea that you come up with. Each swapper will tie at least 11 flies and you will get 11 back. (Extras are appreciated) You will NOT get your own fly back, so if you want some to fish with, tie yourself some extras and keep them. Each fly must have a toe tag which is a small slip of paper with your Screen Name and the name of your pattern if you know the name. Each swapper will ship their flies to me early enough that they arrive BY the due date. Each swapper will include a Self-Addressed STAMPED Envelope. Do NOT use the metered mailing labels that the Post Office puts on just about everything these days. Make sure that you use POSTAGE STAMPS on your return envelope. Each swapper will mail their flies to me in a crush proof box. I like Altoid boxes, but that's your call. When all the sets are in, I will divide them up and return them to the swappers. I would also LOVE to hear from some of you that think you might want to participate in future Bluegill Swaps about the kinds of patterns you would like for us to tie. I hope to run a swap every couple of months throughout the year. If that's going to happen then it's going to be REALLY important that each swapper get your flies to me BY THE DUE DATE! If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask. OK, who wants some rubber legged flies? If you want in, and beginners are welcome, reply with "I'm in" and the name of your pattern, if you know it.

1. Breambuster (Swapmeister) Red Fox Squirrel Nymph

2. Czinger96 - TBD

3. Vicrider - Bluegill Bully - Received

4. Fshrmanms - TBD - Received

5. GLoy - Cap Spider - Received

6. Batman - TBD - Received

7. Floyd - Glove Bug - Received

8. BassBugn - Topwater Bee or Spider

9. Sniperfreak223 - Hare's Ear Nymph Variant - Received

10. Stippled Popper - Popper - Received

11. Joman - Bugger - Received

12. Utyer - Beetle Fly - Received

WE ARE NOW FULL. SWAP IS CLOSED.

Since this appears to be NOT a locked monthly deadline but an on and off or every other month tie I'd like in. 'Gills and crappies are my main fish around here and like to have a lot of flies to try. Generally, they all catch fish but get a kick out of throwing different things during the day. Rubber legs are in and I'm in.

I'm in! same here, I love chasing gills but didn't want to commit to monthly swaps all year long. I'll start with a cap spider

thanks

gary

Well, how about that. Some old familiar swappers and some newbies. Czinger96, glad to have you in on this one. Let me know when you come up with a name and I'll change your "To Be Determined" (TBD) to the name you choose for your fly. And Vicrider, you are correct. You are only committed to this one swap. I'm setting the date in hopes that I can announce the next swap by the end of February with a due date of April 15. Whether or not you join that one is up to you. Glad to have you continue to swap with us. And the same goes for Fshrmanms. I've enjoyed having you as a faithful member of the now-defunct Bluegill Swap Club, and I'm glad you've chosen to get in on this swap. Thanks for signing up. GLoy, it's great to have you join us. Looking forward to seeing your work. Glad you decided to join. And last, but certainly not least, Batman, it's been a LONG time, and it will certainly be a pleasure to swap with you once again. Thanks for signing up. We are off to a great start and I'm sure that there will be some others who will be jumping in as well. Let me know, guys, when you decide on a pattern.

Take care

BB

Floyd! Wow! What a thrill to have you in on this one. I have you down for a Glove Bug and I can't wait to see it.

Vicrider, the Bluegill Bully is always welcome! Thanks for tying some up for us.

Take care

BB

Only 4 slots left, and there won't be any more this time around. If you are thinking about it, now is the time to decide.

BB

post-4914-0-17303900-1389053094_thumb.jpeghey guys,,had the day off due to inclement weather,,so got mine tied up,,,simple little minnow? pattern,,,whacked a few hundred gills on them last summer,,hope yall like...if you could send me an addy,,BB ill get them sent,,,,,B

Guys, we still need 4 more swappers. I've posted an open invitation on the Beginners' and Warmwater threads. If any of you guys know someone who might be interested, how about shooting them a PM or an email and invite them to sign up. I would appreciate it.

Take care

BB