Fly Tying
breambuster

Emerger Swap

This Swap Is Full!

My next swap is going to be for Emerger patterns. These can be effective for both Bluegill and Trout. All the regular rules apply. Be sure to include a Self-Addressed STAMPED Envelope. No matter how many times I say it, people still send return envelopes with the metered mailing label instead of POSTAGE STAMPS! The metered mailing label has DATE on it and it is good ONLY FOR THE DAY YOU BUY IT. After that, it has EXPIRED! Please use regular POSTAGE STAMPS. Otherwise, you are wasting both your money and mine. There will be ONLY 12 swappers in this swap and the due date will be May 31. If anyone is late and fails to reply after I send 2 personal messages after the due date, they will be dropped and I will send the extra fly back to the swappers. So, who wants in?

1. Breambuster - Hendrickson Emerger - Completed

2. DavidR - Olive Emerger - Received

3. Joseph Russell - Blue Wing Olive Emerger - Received

4. Netabrookie - CDC Emerger - Received

5. Fishingbobnelson - Griffith's Gnat Emerger - Received

6. LP ID 66 - TBD

7. ScottK - Floss And Foam Sulpher - Received

8. BeginnerFlyTyer - Caddis Emerger - Received

9. Notenuftoys - TBD

10. Tyler94 - Rabbit's Foot Emerger

11. Jburge - TBD - Received

12. DavidHE - TBD - Received

THIS SWAP IS FULL!

DavidR, you are in with an Olive Emerger. Joseph Russell, you are also in. I think you are fairly new to the Forum and I want to welcome you to the site and to this swap. Looking forward to swapping with you here and in the Swap Club. And Netabrookie, we've been together on several swaps lately, and I'm really glad that you are in on this one. All three of you are as welcome as you can be. And I'm pleasantly surprised that this swap is filling up as quickly as it is.

I had my first official trout fishing trip a couple of weeks ago. I was fishing with a guide and the pattern I'm tying is one that he showed me and that I caught some fish on. It incorporates some UV2 dubbing and I think you all are going to like it. For a picture, of me and a fish I caught, go to the "Fly Fishing" page on this site and look for "Fishing With A Guide: Picture".

Take Care

BB

Fishingbobnelson, you are in! Glad to be swapping with you again. Looking forward to seeing what you will come up with. I know it will be a goody!

Take care

BB

Me Me Pick Me. I'll finish my carp flies tomorrow and can get right on the emergers. I'll look over my emerger box and decide which one I'd be okay with putting my name on and get to tying. I'll leave it TBD but there is an Antron loop wing emerger that hangs in the surface film well and will probably lean in that direction.

Vcrider & ScottK, you are both in and welcome. Glad to have you in. Let me know what patterns you will be tying when you decide. For now, you are both TBD.

Take care

BB

I'm going to do a couple of patterns and see what I like best but for now it will a "CDC looped wing emerger".

OK! BeginnerFlyTyer, you are in with a caddis emerger, and Notenuftoys, you are in TBD. There are only 3 spots left, so if anyone is looking at the thread and trying to decide, you'd better decide what you want one way or the other and Quick! Slots are going fast. It looks like a great line up of tyers!

Take care

BB