Fly Tying
atxdiscgolfer

2nd Annual Redfish Swap

Swap is full

I ran this swap last year and it was a good one so I thought that i would host another this year and hope to keep the tradition going. The rules are the same as last yr - any pattern, any size (for Red Drum aka redfish) but lets try for no smaller than size 6 since these fish like to test out the drag system quite frequently; i understand that this is prime fishing season so i thought that a due date of either end of July or mid August would work i will let you guys decide that. I am still waiting on some replies to some invites from last yrs swap to hopefully get a full house on this 1. Due date is August 7th

SM- Louisiana Toad

1. Piker20- Belly Rattler- received

2. Agn54- received

3. DavidR- BP Crab- received

4.Lil Dave- Shrimp- received

5.Vicrider- received

6.Utyer- received

7.Saltydg0089- received

8. Joseph Russell- Skimpy Fly

atx, if you get along toward the end and still need a few bodies I'd be happy to get in. If you have redfishermen in mind they should definitely have priority but after tying a bunch of 20s as lead fly with a 24 trailer I'm ready to break out the big hooks I just a shipment of. I also enjoyed doing some articulated flies on last swap so maybe there's some patterns for articulated redfish flies.

Vicrider- can i count you in? Any shrimp crab or mullet pattern will work pretty much; ive never seen an articulated pattern for redfish but my father in law caught a Nice on a spinning bait with a beer cap so they are not too shy. :)

Okay ATX, I'm in. Will work on some ideas and see how it goes. Did a "Smerkin Merkin" for another swap, then did a similar tie for the carp swap, and they are definitely crabby things. FB, will look at some mullet ties to see if they can articulate well.

Just an fyi for anyone needing to get hooks, there are some great deals on ebay right now- i just saw Mustad 34007's several sizes in 100 packs for $20 which includes shipping that is a better price than Allen offers

saltydg0089, your welcome to join. I see that you only have a post count of 2 so i want to make sure that you are familar with the forums swap rules - you send in 1 fly for each participant and do not get 1 of your flys back - this way everyone gets a box of 12 flys. Please send an envelope with return postage along with flies by the due date which will either be end of July or mid August depending on how soon swap fills. As long as all this sounds ok you're in

It's going to have to be shrimpy from me... do they prefer flash or no flash?

Dave, they sometimes like flash a lot, especially gold or copper flash