Fly Tying
joseph russell

Southern Appalachian Trout Variety Swap

SWAP IS FULL

Ok Southern Appalachian Trout variety Swap.

All swap rules apply Some of the flies I see listed for that area are Yellow Stimulator #14 & #16, Early Black Caddis and Stone, #16 & #18, Cream Caddis #12 & #16. Quill Gordon #12 & #16, Grannom Caddis, #12 & #16, March Brown #12 & #16. Slate Drake #12 & #16. Light Cahill #12, #14 & #16. and Brown Drake #12. Lo

Ok looking for any 12 tying any of the above flies all swap rules apply lets make it fun .

Due Date AUG 25

Joseph Russell

43317 Fanchon Ave

Lancaster , Ca

1.Joseph Russell- Quill Gordon wet #14-RECEIVED

2.Breambuster-Light Cahill Dry #14-RECEIVED

3.Vicrider-Quill Gordon #16 -RECEIVED

4.Fishingbobnelson-Little Black Caddis-RECEIVED

5.Atxdisgolfer-March Brown-RECEIVED

6.CannonX4-Haystack-RECEIVED

7.Netabrookie-Thunderhead-RECEIVED

8.DavidR-Stonefly-RECEIVED

9.Jd1983-yellow Sally-RECEIVED

10.djtrout- Cream Caddis-RECEIVED

11.DavidHe-Grannom Caddis-RECEIVED

12.wschmitt3-Deer hair emerger Black x Caddis-RECEIVED

I'm in with a Quill Gordon #16 and will probably have an extra in with it. Will wait to see what others do and try to kick in something extra based on that, and maybe a few extras for SM and BB. We're into flies I like tying now.

Could we choose a different southern Appalachian fly such as a yellow sally or are you limited to the patterns above?

I've never been in a swap before and I am not even that good of a tier anyway. But if you would allow me to join, I'll give it my best shot. If allowed, my fly will be the haystack.

This is right up my proverbial alley since I am a southern boy (well, a southern man now) and I live in said mountains but the list is a bit limited. I thought about a Yellow Sally also because it works so well but I will wait to see if jd 1983 says that he is in and doing it. If we are open to add a known southern pattern to the list then count me in.

Those flies were a list that the SC DNR published in a book That shows you how much I know about it. If you know some good patterns for our Dixie fish, PLEASE, by all means, tie it.

BB

BB, that sounds good to me. I would like to tie some Burl's Thunderhead dries if that is acceptable. The Burl's Thunderhead version is similar to the other Thunderhead dry fly pattern but I just happen to like it a little more. The Thunderhead is a North Carolina pattern if I am not mistaken and the Burl's Thunderhead is a Georgia pattern. We will get you all fixed up with some good 'ol Dixie flies and then you can chase trout all over the mountains and give those bluegills a brief rest.

Alright, throw my name on with a North Carolina Yellow Sally. I might just be missing it but what is the due date for this?