Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
newfie

cheap tool caddy

use the insert from a box of bullets toplace tools, quills, what ever else in. the insert has a number of holes used to keep the bullets in place, and is made out of very tough styrofoam

post-4351-1155698120_thumb.jpgpost-4351-1155698190_thumb.jpgI make these in all shapes and sizes, and drill the holes to fit peoples tools, I sell them for $10 bucks, pretty cheap, and they look nice sitting on the desk, this one is mine, needs another coat of polyuratheane though.

Nice looking peices, fly time. Cool that each one is different. I use white birch (with the bark on it), about 3" in diameter and 4" long. I drill several 1/4" holes in the end, then spray the whole thing with polysomething. I add felt to the bottom end. Saw candle holders like that at Cabela's once, and thought it would work for a tool holder. Have one for tools and one for bobbins. I try to get a few branches (off the ground) whenever I get up North. Love those words "up North"

These are Eastern red cedar, actually just leftover scraps from the railing we are putting up around our log home, so I figured I would put em to good use.

Sign in to follow this