Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

9' 7/8wt 4pc rods

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

100% Pure Au Sable River Rat

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,248 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 10:35 AM

I just recently scored a deal for a half doz 9' 7/8wt 4pc blanks from one of my suppliers for a very good end of year deal. Before I build them up and offer them on FB and other sites I wanted to give you guys first dibs on them. They will be built up and ready in about 2-3 weeks so if anyone here wants to secure one of the six I'd just need $25 deposit then the rest due when its done in 2-3 weeks. Going to offer them here to you guys for $110 each. They will be just like the rest of my rods with nice custom seats and custom burl grips.

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

#2 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,248 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 11:01 AM

Two are spoken for already so still four left. Blanks just came in yesterday. I can't say enough how nice these are. I guarantee anyone that grabs one of these will be 100% satisfied with the action and feel of them, you will not find a better rod for less than twice this price. They are a slate grey color with a mod/fast action but even a tad more faster than I had thought so they would make a great streamer rod throwing 150-250grain streamer tip line.

Going to leave this offer here on FTF for a few more days in case anyone here decides they want one, then I'll close it and move the offer to the buy/sell group on FB where I know they will sell quick but just want to make sure I've given you guys ample chance at these first.

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

#3 Poopdeck

Poopdeck

You damn kids, get off my lawn!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 04:39 PM

May I ask a few questions? I know nothing about custom rods. Are they like a golf club where you trim the butt end to get the flex you want? What material are the blanks made from? Can it be made to be a 7 weight or an 8 weight? What color thread are you planning or is that a buyers choice? Do you use/have Venmo for payment.

Thanks

#4 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,248 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 05:11 PM

Hey Greg, Nope no trimming is done. Blanks come in the size they are such as 9ft and that's the length of them. These are IM7 Graphite. They are rated 7/8wt. That actually means on the ERN scale that they have a rating of 7.5 which is right between 7wt & 8wt. All rods will fall in certain spots on the ERN scale. Just for instance a factory Sage may have an ERN of say 7.4 or 7.5 which is right between 7 & 8wt so Sage would rate that as a 7wt. Most custom builders will say its a 7/8wt just because that gives a bit more true description of the rod wt.Personally I would treat it as just a faster 7wt rod.Thread colors I would let you choose, as well as grip shape and if you wanted a fighting butt or not.

I honestly have never heard of Venmo before. I normally use paypal for my business but for you or other guys here that I know I can trust I can also do check or money order.

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

#5 Poopdeck

Poopdeck

You damn kids, get off my lawn!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 07:26 PM

What the hell I have an extra reel. I'll take one.

Venmo is a sister company of pay pal. It allows people to send and receive money via text message. It's pretty awesome. Especially helpful when trying to collect cell phone bill money from adult children who live out of state. I bet it would be great for buying out of state fishing rods. If you want to set it up I can be your test case. I know you will like it. It takes PayPal to the next level.

I asked my interior designer about wrap colors and she had no idea so I would leave color up to you. How much extra would one of them space age carbon fiber looking reel seats be?

You can PM on how to pay. I don't have paypal.

#6 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,248 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 08:29 PM

Ah okay that's why I haven't heard of it yet. If it's a text/cell phone type payment I don't use cell phones so that's why that was a new one on me. I have some nice carbon fiber seats here, I normally up-charge for those but you're an FTF regular so don't worry about any extra charge I'll throw that included for ya ;)

Will shoot you a Pm in just a bit with some info.

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

#7 dadofmolly

dadofmolly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 03:56 PM

I'll take one if any are still available.  Please PM your paypal.

#8 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,248 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 04:43 PM

Had a couple more sell this morning so I believe four are sold now, but there's still two left. Pm coming.

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

#9 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,248 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:17 PM

As of now, five sold only one left if anyone wants the last one.

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com