Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
lucaseabass

SHINING MULLET (video)

Hi Guys,

I have just posted on my Youtube channel a new video. In this occasion I describe how to tie the Shining Mullet, a mullet imitation with a structured quite similar to a Thunder Creek or to a Surf Candy.

I often use this fly as a first choice when I am trying to catch a sea bass. Its alluring power is so strong thanks to the mobility characteristic of the arctic fox hair.

Ciao

Luca

I bought the Thundercreek book many years ago and I still haven't mastered the style. Mine always look like crap. I really like the looks of them. guess I need to work on it some more

awesome fly really dig it i had no idea thats how you made the bodies on some flies like that i know what im doing tonight ^.^

Beautiful fly and well done video. I love the trick with the peacock fibers, that should really add a nice iridescent hue to the head

Many thanks my friends!
I use this fly mostly for sea bass fishing, but I have an idea that it can work also for catching striped bass and I will be glad if some one of you can put it under test and confirm my supposition.

Ciao

Luca