Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Orvis wader repair service?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 NJFlyMAn

NJFlyMAn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:23 PM

Got a leak in the neoprene stockingfoot on my breathable waders. Called Orvis C/S and they only gave me a return# and a mailing address. No other information..So I shipped them my waders today, But i'm now left wondering what will happen next? Since they didn't give me any details on the phone. wallbash.gif

#2 eastern fly

eastern fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:29 PM

I had holes in my pro guides and sent them back. After 6 or 8 weeks with out I realy started complaining. I was told when I bought them they would fix or repair. They didnt! The best they did is give me a certificate for $40 off a new pair. I took my money to Cabelas and got there Pro guides and I like them better.

Kevin

https://www.instagram.com/eastern.fly/

A Pitt fan, a Marshall fan, and a WVU fan are climbing a mountain and arguing about who loves their team most. The Marshall fan insists that he is most loyal and then yells,"This is for Marshall!" and jumps off the mountain. Not to be out done,The WVU fan next professes his love for his team. He screams,"This is for the Mountaineers!" and pushes the Pitt fan off the mountain.

Anyone can be a father. It takes a man to be a Dad! Kiss your kids today.

#3 NJFlyMAn

NJFlyMAn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE (eastern fly @ Apr 20 2011, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had holes in my pro guides and sent them back. After 6 or 8 weeks with out I realy started complaining. I was told when I bought them they would fix or repair. They didnt! The best they did is give me a certificate for $40 off a new pair. I took my money to Cabelas and got there Pro guides and I like them better.

Kevin

Thanks for the info..Wow, that was so wrong of Orvis. What about their 100% guarantee they offer?

Was thinking about getting a Cabelas pair for another backup pair.. Or maybe i'll just go with Simms.

#4 Juan Carlos

Juan Carlos

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 09:09 AM

QUOTE (NJFlyMAn @ Apr 20 2011, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (eastern fly @ Apr 20 2011, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kevin

Thanks for the info..Wow, that was so wrong of Orvis. What about their 100% guarantee they offer?

Was thinking about getting a Cabelas pair for another backup pair.. Or maybe i'll just go with Simms.

Bad News, more for those who live overseas, as me in Patagonia!! I should use the repair kit or go for an extra wader... thanks for the info, IŽll tell to the local Orvis dealer in case of a situation like this.
Patagonia Argentina... Awesome!

#5 eastern fly

eastern fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 09:29 AM

I tryed the repair kit first. That didnt work and I even called them to make sure I was doing correctly. Also I asked about there 100% that was as good as I got from them. I also had there best boot. After Maryland chanced there felt laws I could have gotten there new boot but went with Simms Freestone. Great boot.

Kevin

https://www.instagram.com/eastern.fly/

A Pitt fan, a Marshall fan, and a WVU fan are climbing a mountain and arguing about who loves their team most. The Marshall fan insists that he is most loyal and then yells,"This is for Marshall!" and jumps off the mountain. Not to be out done,The WVU fan next professes his love for his team. He screams,"This is for the Mountaineers!" and pushes the Pitt fan off the mountain.

Anyone can be a father. It takes a man to be a Dad! Kiss your kids today.

#6 NJFlyMAn

NJFlyMAn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:17 AM

Good News About my Orvis wader situation.

Orvis called and said they couldn't fix my waders. And being that my waders were only a year+ old and their replacement is for 5 years, they are sending me a new pair. I didn't have to ask, or say anything for them to honor the full replacement. They just called me to confirm the size I wanted and my shipping address. Must say this company in awesome, and I will keep using their waders b/c a 5 year warranty for waders. Is awesome in my book. So when i do the math of 200+ x 5 years = 1000+ trips for my money and since Orvis has a great C/S department, it's well worth the investment in using this product.

#7 2bonthewater

2bonthewater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:05 PM

My first pair of breathables were Orvis.........first pair, leak in seam in foot.......return to fly shop--paid 8 bucks and I was given a new pair.......did this for 3 years.......same problem with every pair......I finally told the fly shop that I wanted my money back........they told me, but the warranty is great......and you will get another new pair.....I told the man that I didn't care about getting a new pair every year......I wanted something I could trust....took the money and bought a pair of Simms G3s, they lasted me 8-9 years or so......
www.2bonthewater.com

#8 NJFlyMAn

NJFlyMAn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:07 AM

My first pair of breathables were Orvis.........first pair, leak in seam in foot.......return to fly shop--paid 8 bucks and I was given a new pair.......did this for 3 years.......same problem with every pair......I finally told the fly shop that I wanted my money back........they told me, but the warranty is great......and you will get another new pair.....I told the man that I didn't care about getting a new pair every year......I wanted something I could trust....took the money and bought a pair of Simms G3s, they lasted me 8-9 years or so......

I was thinking about going your route with the Simms G3s. But them waders are also a love hate relationship, between the people i also know who own them. And my local sport shop that sells them. Since you either get a pair that leak after a few trips. Or you get a pair that's built great and will last you about 5+ seasons. So for now i'm sticking with my Orvis brand waders, since I just got a new pair with a 5 year warranty. And if I need a new pair every other season is ok with me. Since I won't now be stuck walking around with the Pizza stain I got on my waders, that wouldn't wash out.