Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Fishing Report 5-4-11

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jhammer

jhammer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:01 PM

The conditions were pretty much the same as my 5-2-11 fishing report. No bass this time, but I managed to catch about 10 bluegills in an hour. The popular flies for this outing were a bead-head black wooly bugger, and a popper/dropper rig with a size 10 green panfish popper and a size 10 bead-head pheasant tail nymph.

Attached File  0504011725.jpg   227.97KB   6 downloads

#2 Possumpoint

Possumpoint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:33 AM

Looks like the pond(s) you're fishing produce some nice size blue gills, nice fish.

#3 jhammer

jhammer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:37 AM

Oh yeah, there some "bullgills" in there. They don't look that big in the pictures, but I got Godzilla hands so even the bigger ones look kinda small lol! I already have a few "Fish Ohio" qualifying gills. There's a few nice crappie and some monster largemouths. I've just been playing around with my 6wt in there so I haven't focused on getting any big ones.....yet lol! I'll get my 8wt out when it warms up and throw some bass bugs around. Maybe I'll hook one of the 30 inch channel kitties too. :rolleyes: