Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Looking to be a big year for snakes

34 replies to this topic

#31 mikechell

mikechell

I LOVE SNOW ITS SO FLUFFY!!!!!!!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,575 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 06:32 PM

Steve ... are you 100% sure you got the tick's head out?  Wife (who is very knowledgeable about medical things) says that looks like the reaction to the head infecting the bite site.  It's how ticks hold on so well, they bury their heads into the skin.  

For everyone, if you get a tick "in" you, and you pull it out ... be sure to use a magnifying glass to inspect the head.  Be sure you pulled it out with the body.

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#32 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

When I grow up, I'm moving to Florida !!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,760 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 06:33 PM

Yep that's the first thing I made sure of. He had a little piece of flesh stuck in his mouth so the head was there lol. It's getting much much better now. Probably a good 75% lighter than it was just a couple days ago.

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

#33 mikechell

mikechell

I LOVE SNOW ITS SO FLUFFY!!!!!!!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,575 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 07:05 PM

Good to hear.

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#34 saltydancindave

saltydancindave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 09:17 PM

Took the hoe & chopped off the head of a pygmy rattler about a week ago. That's 2 so far out of a yearly average of 6 kills to feed the wildlife.

#35 The Mad Duck

The Mad Duck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 05:39 PM

We went to the vet today with an elderly friend whose dog had been bitten what we think was a Copperhead. While we were there (3 hours) 2 more more snakebitten dogs came in, both Copperhead bites.

We Are The People Our Parents Warned Us About

Reply to this topic