Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
chugbug27

Happy 4th

I'll be taking this one in from Nashville, on a road trip around the South with my kids.

Pardon the sentimentality, but here's something I read this morning I thought worth sharing, that sums it up pretty nicely without picking sides in this great battle of freedom...

Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half of the time. It is the feeling of privacy in the voting booths, the feeling of communion in the libraries, the feeling of vitality everywhere. Democracy is a letter to the editor. Democracy is the score at the beginning of the ninth. It is an idea which hasnt been disproved yet, a song the words of which have not gone bad.

E.B. White

Happy 4th of July, Independence Day, to you, too, Chug !!!

And to ALL the members !!! No matter where you're from, if you're participating online, then you have some measure of freedom in your lives. Some measure of independence of thought and action. Enjoy it, protect it and take advantage of it ... every day !!!

Who will win? Some unorganized farmers with outdated weapons and limited ammo who are simply tired of taxes and religion, or the strongest monarchy with the largest, smartest, most advanced military in the world?

Hah! :D