Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
KristyStevens

Skinning a quail

Nothing Better Than Having the Best Handheld Vacuum Cleaners in The House. What Is That?

Two important questions you should ask to be able to choose for yourself a good vacuum cleaner are: first, is it able to remove dust and dirt from all kinds of surfaces efficiently, and second, is it easy to use and clean? The questions break down into many other specific categories of the vacuum cleaner so that you, the customer can quickly scroll down and decide the best vacuum cleaner for your requirements.

This review is for the one who is looking for a lightweight, highly-mobile, trouble-free and powerful vacuum cleaner – the handheld ones. In this article, we bring you the breakdown of the most budget-friendly handheld Fk7YO68.gif Top Rated Vacuum Cleaners , the Black & Decker DVJ325BF-AMGB.

Black & Decker DVJ325BF-AMGB

One of the smartest handheld vacuum cleaners

This vacuum cleaner by Black & Decker features smart technology with the incorporation of many sensors such as a battery sensor, filter sensor and an intelligent power sensor incorporated into a simple design to make our lives easier.

nfJ57tU.jpg

The concern that stops many customers from buying a cordless vacuum cleaner is their low suction power, but it is no longer any trouble with the Black & Decker Dustbuster. This product provides you with two modes of operation. Operating on just its default mode, it can remove most of dust, dirt and spills on many different surfaces from carpets to wood floors, and from hard to soft textile surfaces.

Its outstanding Intelligent Boost mode even gives you extra suction power with a simple action of the double press of the power button. Now, debris of small size can be easily picked up. Indeed, this product features cyclonic action which, true to its name will spin dust away from the filter hence reducing significantly unwanted clogging. This, in turn, enhances the cleaning performance.

The condition of the equipment will be conveyed to you by the SmartTech sensors which detect and display the battery level, the state of the filter so that you will know when to charge the battery or replace and clean up the filter. This function is particularly useful if you have experience of your vacuum running out of power in the middle of your cleaning process. Isn’t it annoying?

≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼

Qni0pSe.gif

➳➳➳ Find More Information: Which is the best vacuum cleaner for home: Reviews and Buying Guide

≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼≼

Multifunctionality with a full package of extensions

The Dustbuster vacuum cleaner comes with many other additional accessories which support you in the cleaning of various surfaces. First, a crevice tool from the Black & Decker could be twice more in length therefore you can effortlessly reach to awkward or higher and inaccessible areas.

Once extended, this crevice tool is quite stable so you will have no uncertainty. The extension can be reverted using the release button. In the case of cleaning spills on the carpet, Black & Decker offers you a flip-out brush which goes with the crevice tool to carry out this duty. This flip-out brush is also provided for the purpose of cleaning other delicate materials, for instance, fan crates.

ChTu6Zr.jpg

Design

This Dustbuster only weighs 1.09 kg with very compact and fashion design.

After emptying the dirt bowl, the filter inside can be washed using water. However, do not worry about the durability because the filter material is so stable that you only need to replace it after a long time.

This product features a Lithium-Ion battery. This requires from four to six hours for complete charging.

Indeed, the customer will be offered two years warranty in case you change your mind or find this product unsatisfactory.

Conclusion

This vacuum cleaner from Black & Decker is highly recommended as one of the Best vacuum cleaner for home XxHxp2r.gif among all handheld vacuums. It is truly a reliable assistant in house cleaning at a reasonable price of less than $60.

If you want to skin the quail just to be able to use the feathers for fly tying, you do not have to be very particular about how you would do it. A quail (or any game bird) that is to be prepared and skinned for mounting by a taxidermist has to be skinned much more precisely and carefully, but that's a whole different story. Lay the quail on it's back and with a small sharp knife like a paring knife or better still, an x-acto knife, make a cut down the breast to the tail. Start peeling the skin toward the wings and then cut the wing bones from the body with small side cutters or something similar. Either cut around the leg bones or cut them off and then cut through the base of the tail trying not to cut it from the body but it doesn't really matter. Peel the skin over the back and when the head is reached, cut it off. You can throw the head away or save some of the small white feathers found there. Cut the underside of each wing and get as much of the wing meat out as you can.

Buy some powered Borax from the grocery store. Put the skin in a small cardboard box and pour some borax over the flesh side of the skin and lightly rub it in. Turn the skin over and rub some borax into the feather side. Lift the skin out of the box and lay it on some newspapers and allow the skin to dry. If most of the borax has come off, sprinkle on a little more. Don't put the skin in the sun, in fact a normal room temperature place in doors is best. After a week or so, the skin should be pretty dry. It doesn't hurt to let it dry even a few more days. Then when throughly dry, store the skin in a plastic bag. Hope this helps.

Joe

I found an excellent page and it should be bookmarked on my other device, will try to look. If I remember correctly, it was something like this: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/processing-quail-pictures-warning-graphic.129174/

If you google something like, "how to process quail", there are a lot videos too.

They're pretty easy to skin it's the only way I've even processed game birds it pretty much peels right off, I usually cut the wing off at the elbow and legs at the knees, the skin tears easily once you make a small cut no need to cut the length of body.

This book was my bible many years ago and you can probably pick up a used copy on the net...

FLY TYING MATERIALS by Eric Leiser, 1973

(Their procurement, use, and protection)

Most of the info is still valid and I havent heard of anything better...

Oh boy! Quail (for me) is the easiest bird to skin. I can usually pull off the whole skin in one pull. Then while it's inside out I douse it with Borax and keep it in a bag for a couple weeks. For my uses, this process keeps the skin in tact enough for feather storage and super easy to do. When dry I turn the skin feather side out and store in freezer for a bit and keep an eye on bugs.

Jeff

Quail Feathers for CatPhishing?

I had to search that, but I think you're on to something, reads like some past posts by one time poster "where to in some where" and eating some kind of fish bait in ?Sacramento.