Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
mvendon

POLL's-- Lock them up after six months

On the fly tying board section, there are currently at least four polls that have been alive since Feb. 2007, Oct. 2004, Feb. 2006, and Jan. 2007. The internet has been going along at quite a clip with many changes since it started. Are the folks that started these polls even active here any longer? I formally joined in 2007. I don't look at these polls. A person can do a search here to find out what head cement to use if they want. These polls have been going on for so long, that some head cements that you could buy when it started are not produced any longer, Griff's head cement is one. A poll should last, at most, six months, then lock it up for viewing only. If there's that much interest in the same topic, they can start a new one. If this site is here 15 years from now, it's not hard to figure out how old these polls will be by then. Just a suggestion.

Regards,

Mark

There are polls started almost every week, it would be impossible for Will & Myself to be able to keep track of every poll and the amount of time that each one runs. And changing the time it runs automatically would mean Will doing yet more software re writing. Some of the polls even though older are still very relevant. If there are ones that keeps getting bumped and it is not relevant then just PM myself or Will and we can lock it.