Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
tompa

Some RATS

Hello :D

Long time no see

I´m afraid things as fly tying has been a little offside since our first son was born 7-8 weeks ago. Some things has fall in between such as tubes for Frank and Damian i.e. But they are coming (actually there´s a funny story in this).

Anyway here are some RATS, not my first choiche of fly normally but when it comes to fresh grilse runs they are good catchers in size 4-6 (single).

Applause :headbang: to the new "forum" in the forum for us flytyers/flyfishers (ha ha ha <_< )

No really, all respect and cred to the artistic tyers, they carry the legacy on and does it REALLY WELL. But let´s not forget why we were tying in the first place, huh!?

One begins to have obligations to family and work and I for one must choose what to spend time on. And I choose chasing for salmonfishing and new salmon beats before hunting down "hard-to-find" fly tying materials.

I´m working on some tubes, maybe I qualify to hold a virtual tube class.

Always tight lines my friends, always tight lines

//Thomas :P

post-1781-1163807839_thumb.jpg

Tompa,

First off, Congratulations on the baby boy!!!!! We're expecting our second child in 5 weeks. Boy here also. Secondly, those flies are beautiful!!!!! I want to eat one! -Jamie

Hello :D

Long time no see

I´m afraid things as fly tying has been a little offside since our first son was born 7-8 weeks ago. Some things has fall in between such as tubes for Frank and Damian i.e. But they are coming (actually there´s a funny story in this).

Anyway here are some RATS, not my first choiche of fly normally but when it comes to fresh grilse runs they are good catchers in size 4-6 (single).

Applause :headbang: to the new "forum" in the forum for us flytyers/flyfishers (ha ha ha <_< )

No really, all respect and cred to the artistic tyers, they carry the legacy on and does it REALLY WELL. But let´s not forget why we were tying in the first place, huh!?

One begins to have obligations to family and work and I for one must choose what to spend time on. And I choose chasing for salmonfishing and new salmon beats before hunting down "hard-to-find" fly tying materials.

I´m working on some tubes, maybe I qualify to hold a virtual tube class.

Always tight lines my friends, always tight lines

//Thomas :P

Hi Thomas

Congratulation with the new member of the family, let us hope he is a new salmon fly fisherman.

I fully agree with your point about tying flies.

The RATs are beautifull.

Concerning tube flies my class runs today 10 PM Western Europe time. join if you like

Regards

Jens