Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Lamson?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Fishigan

Fishigan

Is that a chick?...Yesss..NOOO!!....Yesss!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 04:47 PM

I'm in the market for a new 4/5wt reel. I like the looks of the Lamson Litespeed 1.5 but do not know if I really want another large arbor reel. I was looking at the Lamson Radius also. Any input on this real?

#2 Kodiak Commando

Kodiak Commando

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 04:58 PM

I'v tried both and i would stick with the litespeed or go with a velocity. The lampson velocity is my favorite real but the litespeed is a close second. Needles to say i love lampson fly reels.

I wish my first words when i was born were quote so right before I died I could say unqoute-stepen wright

#3 fishyfranky

fishyfranky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 06:16 PM

I recently got the litespeed 2, rated 4-5-6 wt. Its been great. I was afraid it wouldn't hold too much backing but I hand spooled 100 yrds of 20lb regular backing and a 6wt WF line with good clearance.

#4 jasonk

jasonk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 12:53 AM

all the lampson reels are nice the new radius is much improved over the old model and is very nice, it would be a good choice if you wanted to save some money. the litespeed is a very nice reel, as is the vilocity. all the lampson reels share a common drag and i have yet to see it fail. lampson reels have a very good large arbor design, truly a benifit if your making fairly long casts.

#5 Fishigan

Fishigan

Is that a chick?...Yesss..NOOO!!....Yesss!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 07:29 AM

thanks for the input. I'm going to check all of them out at the shop in a few days. Gotta drive an hour to the nearest place that sells them.