Fly Tying
harleyhunter

Interview For Hatches

Well I was racking my brain to see what we can do to make Hatches a growing success. I figured we should get a well known tyer of all styles of tying for each month of Hatches and we would like to get everyone involved by allowing you to suggest future interviews.

I already started compiling a list and have already made a few offers and am awaiting confirmation. As they confirm I will post them and when the time comes I will make a post to get members feedback and questions to ask in the interview. After the deadline the Admin team and I will make a list of the best questions and foward them to the tyer for their feedback. I hope that everyone adds there $0.02 and I will try my best to get one interview for each issue filled with info you want to see.

If you would like to recommend somebody for a future interview you can reply to this post, PM or email steeldrifter, smalliehunter or myself. We will do our best to contact them to see if they would be interested in sharing with us.

Best Wishes,

Sam

Confirmations as of today:

May: Chris Helm (Warmwater)

June: Paul Whillock (Realistics)

I am awaiting two confirmations for July and August. I will update as they come in.

July: Still awaiting reply should be Monday night (Coldwater)

August: Don Bastian (Classics Wets)

-Sam

July: Don Bastian (Classics Wets)

August: Oliver Edwards(Coldwater)

-Sam

July: Don Bastian (Classics Wets)

August: Oliver Edwards(Coldwater)

September: Charlie Chute (Salmon and Steelhead Tying...Classic Salmon)

-Sam

Ok guys Ron Alcott has been added to the list. I am sorry to say that the Charlie Chute interview may not be in the next Hatches. There has been a bit of a glitch in the process I am trying to work out. Even after all is done and said I may not have it in on time. And as an update on Oliver Edwards it has been mailed to Oliver and I am awaiting his replies back. It will take a little bit of time since Mr. Edwards does not own a computer so everything is going through snail mail.

Once again sorry for the Chute interview being delayed.

-Sam

I would highly recommend Charlie Craven. Charlie is a well known western flytier from Colorado who is innovative and a great personality. Charlie owns Charlie's Fly Shop in Arvada, Colo. His address is charliesflyboxinc.com. Cutthroat

OK guys here is my progress:

I know Oliver Edwards has the questions and is filling them out a little each day so should be done soon. I propbably am going to call Ron Alcott in the next day or so with his questions. I will try again to make good on the Charlie Chute Interview.

Here are two more definates that I believe will make plenty of you guys happy:

AK Best and Kelly Galloup are now on board for Hatches!!!!

-Sam

OK just an update...

I have recieved Oliver Edwards interview in the mail today. I found it pretty sweet that he hand written all the answers and has signed it and the question sheet as well. As many of you guys know he is my favorite fly tier so it was pretty cool to me. Keep an eye out for it in the October Hatches.

I will be contacting Galloup and Best this coming week or two.

-Sam

Great to hear that,cant wait till next month so mail me a copy with the questions and answers :j_k: .

Good work Sam.

Klaas