Fly Tying
breambuster

Nymph Swap For Pan Fish And Trout

THIS SWAP IS NOW FULL!

My next swap is going to be for Nymphs. These can be effective for both Pan Fish and Trout, and in fact, many trout patterns are used to fish for Pan Fish. All the regular rules apply. Be sure to include a Self-Addressed STAMPED Envelope. No matter how many times I say it, people still send return envelopes with the metered mailing label instead of POSTAGE STAMPS! The metered mailing label has the DATE on it and it is good ONLY FOR THE DAY YOU BUY IT. After that, it has EXPIRED! Please use regular POSTAGE STAMPS. Otherwise, you are wasting both your money and mine. There will be ONLY 12 swappers in this swap and the due date will be August 1. If anyone is late and fails to reply after I send 2 personal messages after the due date, they will be dropped and I will send the extra fly back to the swappers. So, who wants in?

1. Breambuster - Swapmeister - Blue Pan Fish Nymph - Completed

2 Muskyhunter81 - Prince Nymph - Received

3 ScottK - Marabou Damsel Nymph - Received

4 Wschmitt3 - Olive Guide's Choice Hare's Ear - Received

5 Chase Creek - No Name Nymph - Received

6 Joseph Russell - Stonefly Nymph - In The Mail

7 Netabrookie - PT Nymph - Received

8 DavidR - TBD - Received

9 JayWirth - TBD - Received

10 Jolly Red - Cajun Tickler - Received

11 Stilljerkin - TBD

12 Psychoprince - TBD - Received

THIS SWAP IS NOW FULL!

Muskyhunter81, ScottK and Wschmitt3, you guys are all in. Your patterns sound like good ones. Thanks for joining.

BB

So, this is my first swap. I am not totally clear on exactly how many flies I will need to tie.

Thanks for including me I'm really excited.

-Will

12 flies Will. Not really required, but most(I think most, anyway) of us tie up a few extras for the swapmeister to keep for his time and work hosting the swap.

Welcome to your first swap!

Hi Will, since this is your first swap, I am super-excited that you have chosen to join this one. The purpose of the site & the purpose of the swaps is to encourage all of us, but especially beginners, to increase their skills. Even if you've been tying for a while, tying up a set of flies for a swap will make you a better tier.

For this swap you will need to tie up a minimum of 11 flies since you will not be getting one of your own pattern back. So you will tie up 1 fly for every other member in the swap. However, a lot of guys will just go ahead and tie up a dozen and I will keep the extra fly as a little reward for doing the Swapmeister's job. But that is entirely up to each swapper. Sometimes a swapper will tie up a dozen and then throw in another fly or 3 of another pattern, or several patterns that I get to keep. But again, that is up to each, individual swapper. To have enough flies to participate in the swap you will need to have 11 flies that are the same pattern, the same color, the same size, etc. When you begin to try to tie a set of 11 or 12 or however many you want to tie, and you try to make each of them look exactly like every other fly in the set, that's when you begin to pay attention to details & you become a better fly tier. If you have any other questions, let me know. And welcome to your first swap. May it be the first of many, many more.

Take care

BB

Can I play? I'll tie some sort of "swimmey" nymph that I don't have a name for yet.

Will, I usually include some extras for the swapmeister, they are usually a variety of patterns, not necessarily the pattern tied for the swap. Your choice.

Joseph Russell, you are in with a Stonefly Nymph, and glad to have you for two swaps in a row. Glad you signed up.

With Joseph Russell's sign-up, we are half way there!

BB

I'm in. I will post later as to what I will be tying. Thanks for hosting another Breambuster