Fly Tying
Henrik Thomsen (DK)

Transmogrifer Swap

Calvin and Hobbs has long been one of my favorites, and since I've just shipped my "tie your favorite" swap, I thought of combining my favorite cartoon with my favorite hobby and invite for the Transmogrifer swap.

Take a well known pattern, that you like to tie (and tie 6), transmogrif it into a new fly and tie 6 of them too.

Examples can be classic salmon flies as pike flies as the one below, or a change of material from e.g. a spey hackle on a shrimp fly to a dubbing loop with craft fur.

Even something as simple as making the little trico fly a monster and tie it on a 4/0 hook would be fun.

post-13174-0-43354900-1411651652_thumb.jpg

You know your flies, so here is the transmogrifer:

post-13174-0-88357800-1411651338_thumb.png

Let's get 6 plus same for transmogrifing, which means 12 (2x6) flies per tier and all the normal rules of toe tags, return postage (Preferable paypal, since I'm in Denmark), and trying to keep the deadline (December 1st).

Join by replying with I'm in, the name of the original pattern and NOT how you transmogrif it.

SM: Rusty R.A.T.

1. Fishingbobnelson - Rogue River Special recieved

2. Piker20 - Goats toe recieved

3. Horseshoes - Tomah Joe recieved

4. Vicrider - Red Ass Kelso recieved

5. Psycoprince - Hares ear

6. J-Kno - Tak's Go 2 Prince recieved

Swap is full!

Thanks for joining Bob and Piker.

Just to clarify some minor details.

It is OK to make a transmogrifing as simple as just changing the colour scheme on a fly as long as there is an idea behind.
An example I've done once in a local Danish swap is to turn the Red GP into a greyish-brown shrimp, while keeping all the proportions and tying styles as the original....

Please we need some more for a funny but yet challenging swap.

Like Horseshoes I'll get in on this but will have to think about it awhile to make a choice that works for the swap and for the fish.

Henrik,

I've not sent something overseas that wasn't handled by work or to an FPO box, How does it work and what are the approximate prices?

Regards,

-J-Kno